M Type Madness

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

M Type Madness

Post by chris lambert »

I have just seen another very nice M Type for sale on the carandclassic website for 29500 Euros or about £23.5K. Last year a good M could be found and purchased for £11-£14K. Located in France and with a good provenance it is the second such car to be advertised at a similar figure in the last 10 days. With my two Minors and another chassis in the worshop worth no more than £11K tops, perhaps it is time to get the hacksaw out, cut off the running board outriggers and sell off all the bits as MG M parts. The genuine M Engine in the saloon should raise about £5K on it own. Could be a profitable business, this breaking up of old cars lark! I am sure there are speculators about who will be thinking pretty much the same thing. The net result of all this sadly, is that Minors will become an even rarer sight as more 'replica' M Types see the light of day.
See it here:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C54184?pt=pf

Chris
Highlander

Re: M Type Madness

Post by Highlander »

Chris, I agree with you - this is madness. Do these cars sell? Did the lovey green 1932 two seater sold by a member for under £6000 and the next day up for sale for over £10000 ever sell - I cannot find it anywere. I have a friend who tried to sell his Morgan 3 wheeler at Bonhams last month for over £25000!!! Not a single bid and he wondered why!!! It was top spec and could not be faulted but is a 3 wheeled Morgan worth any more than an Ulster 7, or super sports minor? Let us all dream on. Highlander.
Mike Stubbings

Re: M Type Madness

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Riley,s have been going down this road for years. Mike.