Semi-sports for sale

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Semi-sports for sale

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, the latest news from Grand Rapids is that a local position with one of our outsource partners materialized, but was not anywhere near secure enough - three-month work packages at a time only. But I have also now had a firm offer from Universal Avionics in Seattle, which we have decided I must take. The drawback is that they don't pay relocation, so we have a bit of a mountain to climb to get from here to there - to say the least - I start the new job Monday 21st September.

So, as you will see from Marketplace, I have offered the Semi-sports for sale, there being no other sensible way to finance the move. Of course, I will still have the McEvoy (and a tourer project) to get stuck into, so the loss won't be too seismic, and in the scale of things, the Minor is a pure luxury and small beer compared with a job and a home. I am asking GBP 11,950 which is not cheap, but I think reflects the car's total originality, current state and unique history. It is currently located in Reading - I hope it will go to a good home.
Ronald

Re: Semi-sports for sale

Post by Ronald »

Sorry to see this ad Ian, you put a lot into that car... and i'm sure that whilst you've not had it at home for quite a while now, not owning it will hurt somewhat...

Good luck with the job/move etc....
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Semi-sports for sale

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks for the kind words, Ronald. These are difficult times, but the Register family is helping greatly. I'm sorry that I have not been totally on the ball lately, but let me share a little bit of serendipity with you.

Tonight I finally got to finish packing M 131 and took it down to the Post Office, so it really is on the way to everyone now -it was half packed when my layoff hit, and I just could not focus on getting it out. One large box and a small box for Bev Hicks, and one small box of about 40 Magazines for Alex Demspter - Oz and NZ Magazines. Then there are six others which I post individually. Three for members in the USA, two for Japanese members and one for Canada. The Post Office lady had trouble with one of the US Magazines. The zipcode was wrong. I looked at the envelope. It was the Magazine for Debbie Borman, member 282, and the address was in Monroe, Washington state. I was IN Monroe three weeks ago when I was in Seattle for the interview with Universal, and I had actually visited the township of Monroe because it is the ideal place to commute from, and where we are looking to rent, and ultimately buy. Debbie and her husband Tim own a Hundred Pound Minor.

So tonight I called Debbie who was dumbstruck when I told her that we would be moving to her area in about six weeks. She told me that she had owned the car for years, but had decided finally to restore it and had spoken to her husband just last week with a view to flying to Grand Rapids to meet me and discuss the restoration. Now she won't have to bother. And all because I mistook a 1 for a 7 on her membership form. It's a strange life. :?