Radiator recores

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

evosteve

Radiator recores

Post by evosteve »

Hi can anyone advise me of the best company to recore the honeycomb radiator ?
i know its not going to be cheap but it has to ook right !
cheers steve
Toby

Re: Radiator recores

Post by Toby »

I used a chap near Malvern, called John (Kale, I think). It's not cheap £500 odd and Made little difference! If it's not leaking I would consider just flushing. If you're going ahead anyway you could try flushing with brick acid or descaler-I havn't been brave enough to try it but would love to know if the rad will withstand strong hydrochloric acid!? It appears that sv minors tend to run at the very top end of normal and overheating is often sludge in the engine which needs a good flushing with core plugs removed. In any case keep us posted and good luck :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
1936morriseight

Post by 1936morriseight »

Haven't used this company myself, but I believe they're well respected and have been around for some time - probably also expensive.

http://www.vintagewingsandradiators.co.uk

Jeff
1936morriseight
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

I have not used them myself but I have a Riley rad to get done and asking around have been told by a few that Feltham Rads are good. Worth a phone call. 0208 898 0064. let us know how you get on. Good hunting ,Mike.
fred

Post by fred »

Try Bryan and Sons,Tunbridge Wells, Kent, phone 01892 544635. I used them in 2005 and assume they still going. Good work but an odd set-up