Autumn pub meets

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Autumn pub meets

Post by Ian Grace »

Open to suggestions for dates, possible venue changes, additional activities, new meets. Anyone?
Toby

Re: Autumn pub meets

Post by Toby »

Don't know where I'll be! Either Hatchgate or a New Forest/Dorset venue. Anyone on the Hants Dorset borders fancy a meet up, preferably not clashing with any other Morris based autumn runs? (possibly leading to an occasional vmr noggin!) :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

I haven't discussed dates or venues yet with my fellow Anglians but could possibly switch back to Thriplow as not one other member has got to the Royal Oak at Barrington! Also considering an additional pub meet closer to home here in Suffolk if I can get anyone else interested?
Chris
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Provisional date for the Royal Oak, Barrington Pub Meet is Sunday 5th October and a further Suffolk meet is planned for Sunday 12th at the Four Horseshoes in Thornham Magna. We are hoping to get Geoff Thornton along to Barrington and of course any new attendees will be made welcome at both venues. For the following Sunday at Thornham Magna I am going to twist some arms and hope to have maybe two cars and some other local enthusiasts in attendance.
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

Sunday the 12th sounds reasonable for Hatchgate or New Forest???? Anyone interested. On the 5th there is an old car "do" at Highcliffe Castle, near Christchurch Dorset hants borders, any takers in the area before I book my place?
Toby

Post by Toby »

5th oct out for me. My only running minor is in the new forest area so would prefer some sort of meet down that way!
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I can make Sunday 12th September at Hatchgate. Highlander.
Toby

Post by Toby »

that'd be the 12th Oct? !
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Yes October, Thanks. Highlander.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Toby, Regret unable to attend pub meet as Molly has booked me on a river trip in a steam paddle boat to Southend!!!! How about November or a pre Christmas meet? Highlander.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Will have to see where I am! May have 1 other member attending on 12th, if no other takers for 12th will review my attendance too :( Is there any demand for a meet on the 12th by any other VMR members? :?
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hello everbody (goonshow),

Are any other people proposing to turn up at the Hatchgate on the 12th October as I will have to get the car MOT'd. I will not bother if no one else is going to turn up.

Alister how about a another Sunday lunch time meet nearer you (I am in Haslemere) when you can get your leave-pass signed !!!!!!

Looking forward to a lot of replies from those who are going to attend.

Simon
Toby

Post by Toby »

Simon, so far it's me, you and Eric Mouser but invites have gone out to all vmr members in a 50 odd mile radius plus minor owners from other clubs. Although there appears to be no takers I'm sure there will be plenty on the day. :D Besides, surely it's always worth having a minor on the road just in case! :wink:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi guys, just catching up having survived my first week in the new job! So we have the Royal Oak this Sunday, then the Hatchgate next Sunday. I'll contact Brian Maeers to see if he wants to anchor a Cock Inn meet as well. I'm preparing the October Newsletter today, so I'll update/cheerlead everyone in that re the meets. Any other input for the Newsletter would be most welcome - post here or e-mail to vintageminor@comcast.net which will continue to be the VMR's e-mail address. I hope to visit Tim and Debbie Borman shortly to view their very early Hundred Pound Minor - it's about five miles from where I am typing this. They run a body shop here and apparently the Minor is in the loft of the shop, but about to come down for restoration.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Ian,
There is also a Suffolk meet on the 12th at The Four Horseshoes, Thornham Magna.
Chris