Autumn pub meets

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Re: Autumn pub meets

Post by Toby »

By now I hope there are some soggy minors at the Royal Oak. Next Sunday I have myself, Eric Mouser, Michael Jones and Simon Hodgins confirmed, a small yet quality contingent! Any other takers? Still zero response for members in the New Forest Area....
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Have just got back from Barrington. It has not stopped raining here today and I took a very early decision not to take a Minor as I have to use the A14 with zero visibility in the spray from the container lorries plying their trade to and from Felixstowe. The vacuum wiper is also just about useless in this type of weather and have decided to convert to an electric one. That apart we all had a very convivial lunch with the usual suspects plus Geoff Thornton and his wife Pat. Lots of Minor chat (Geoff Thornton has owned 11 of them - at least one of each model!) and advice given and taken. Ask Trevor about valve colletts next time you are in touch with him - and then duck!
Chris
PS Also forgot to take my camera.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Chris, Have you tried RainEx? I have to take my windscreen wiper off because it is straight in my eye level. I have used rain ex for years and swear by it. The screen must always be spotless. Highlander.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Alister,
Have just ordered some.
Chris
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

The inaugural Four Horseshoes meet at Thornham Magna was held in brilliant October sunshine and the four of us and our two cars (alright one car and bits of another) enjoyed the ambience, soaked up the sun and 'put the world to rights'. Clive Hall and his wife Bren had driven over from Bungay with bits of NG stashed away in the boot of their modern. Whilst there remains a lot to do on the body, Clive is making real progress and the quality of the newly built ash frame parts is superb. Flixton will be the venue of the next 'Far East' meet in the spring of 2009. The image below clearly shows the enormity of the task facing Clive if the woodworm in the bits he brought along is anything to go by!

Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

Dash it Lambert, you beat me to it! Gorgeous weather down here for the Hatchgate meet. Sorry if you were there and i missed you but I spent some pleasant time with the Nagles, Eric Mouser and Simon Hodgins. Topics under discussion included an idea to tighten up on who's coming in order to book a table big enough to seat all the members in one group at the next one.

ANY TAKERS FOR A SPRING AND AUTUMN (OR MORE) MEET IN THE NEW FOREST/HANTS-DORSET AREA? :?
Could you put a plea in the mag for anyone to support the above please Ian! :D
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Wonderful turn out by everyone and what a day weatherwise. As mention I was on a full day trip to Southend from Towere Bridge on the Waverley, a Scottish steam paddle boat. The weather on the Thames was also wonderful and more than that, warm! We were in shirtsleeves most of the day and in the evening just a jumper. There was a full moon and when dark the light was magical and the light on the buildings approaching London just lit the sky. The food on board was above average and the drink is always good!!!! The Steam Anoraks are just as mad as we are!!! Highlander.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

I'd be delighted to promote a spring meet in the New Forest. Any suggestion for a suitable pub - or do you want to do some extensive onsite research first?! :D

I'll check out the Members' List and poll all the locals directly via e-mail. Let's get it on the calendar before M 132 goes out.

Incidentally, I will be in the area for a brief moment Wednesday week -in a coach travelling form Southampton docks to Heathrow!

Thanks for the Hatchgate pics - I'll put one on the site tonight - I haven't updated the site lately as my home PC is still sititng on the floor (the moving truck was too small, so we had to leave the computer desk (an much more) behind in Michigan) , making PC sessions extremely uncomfortable, and I haven't installed ftp on my office PC yet! :(
Toby

Post by Toby »

I'm open to ideas but notice that the nearest vmr member (only 5 miles from my new house) is quoted in this months morris regisrter mag as being an ex minor owner! In the forest would be nice, not too near Lyndhurst as it's a mare in the summer, maybe Ringwood way or even wimbourne as I hope to be going to another clubs meets near Tarrant Monkton and it's a nice run out......
Toby

Post by Toby »

If no-ones interested then I may have an autumn and spring meet with Linda, she's insured for the minors and had a crash course in vintage driving on the airfield this summer so we could have 2 minors although they would always be the same ones! :lol: