BCA Auctioning 1930 Minor Tourer on 22nd July

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

BCA Auctioning 1930 Minor Tourer on 22nd July

Post by chris lambert »

The first Cammy Minor Tourer to be auctioned for some time - it comes under the hammer at the BCA Auction at Blackbushe (I think) on 22nd July. It was originally registered in Leicester and comes with boxes of spares. It surely must be of interest to someone within the register? BCA auctioned cars are invariably cheaper than those auctioned through the traditional 'old car' auctioneers. Find it here:

http://www.prewarcar.com/show_prewar_ca ... 0July%2022

Save this one!!!!
Chris

Edited to add: Guide price is £1250 - £1750 This has to be an absolute bargain. Get it before the dealers do. A real opportunity to own a genuine vintage car. More info here:

http://www.british-car-auctions.co.uk/D ... ?page=9834

If only I had the room!
Last edited by chris lambert on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: BCA Auctioning 1930 Minor Tourer on 22nd July

Post by Ian Grace »

Chris,

I received details of this car from the auctioneers yesterday. No record in the Register, nor with DVLA, so no V5 - but it may be recoverable. I have asked for the chassis number.
Simon

Post by Simon »

It was sold to some lucky person. Hope he is a VMR member
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

I have just been checking the BCA website, cant find any details of the sale of this car yet. Do we know for 'how much' the car was sold?
Chris
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

I have just talked with BCA. The car was sold for £800 and was almost certainly purchased by a VMR member. I have a sneeking suspicion I know who it might be! Apparently the car was fitted with a Reliant Robin engine. Still very good value and another car saved.

Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

was tempted as it was just down the road but prudence won over! No regrets now i know it had reliant engine but only £800......
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

800 quids worth of absolute bargain for someone...!!!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Chassis number M21065. Confirmed by BCA that it was purchased by a VMR member, ands described as "basically little more than a chassis and a pile of bits with the remains of a homemade body". One is tempted to wonder what its fate might be - chances of being properly restored as a 1930 Minor tourer? :?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

"A pile of pld bits" to a BCA man probably represents treasure trove to a VMR member! Maybe the VMR member concerned doesn't follow the forum hence his reticence to 'own up? Unlikely - but perhaps he ticked the 'no publicity' box and wishes to remain anon!
Chris
Mike Stubbings

Post by Mike Stubbings »

Was tempted to go as it is nearby me,glad I didn,t if thats what it was.I assume that was plus commission. Don,t think I did bad last year at £2200 for car that was almost rebuilt and complete.apart from rear brake shoes and oil filler cap. Anybody got a spare one.(see our cars). :lol:
halbe

Post by halbe »

Hello Mike,

After riding with trevor in his s/v two seater , I can assure you that they run very well indeed!
I was impressed by the way his car drove, hope you get your's on the road quickly and enjoy driving it this summer.

I also want to thank all of you who let me drive your car's , I made me even more enthusiastic

Regards Halbe
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Just found a picture of the "Beast" that fetched £800 at auction.

The Buyer thought that the "sum of the parts" was worth far more than he paid for the car ! True , I suppose.

What about those headlights then ?

Not a lot of "standard" bits on the car I think. Still , maybe we'll see it restored by someone. Sometime.

Tony G
BCA Auctioned Car.JPG
BCA Auctioned Car.JPG (36.51 KiB) Viewed 3423 times
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Good grief! You can see that the radiator has been pushed forward - presumably to accommodate the reliant engine.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I contacted BCA last week to see if I could learn anything about the new owner. Auction houses are notoriosly coy (if you'll forgive the pun!) about divulging client details. Here is what I received back.

Hi Ian,

The chap who bought this car (or, to be more correct, it's remains!) is already a member and owner of another Minor, so it's gone into the right hands!

All the best,

Robin Lawton

Anyone want to own up?! :D
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's NOT me.

There is a 1932 (looks like 33 model) red two seater Minor advertised in this months Automobile, one lady owner for the last 30 years. Sorry cannot do pictures etc.