Maddox Drop Head Coupe

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

DF9053

Maddox Drop Head Coupe

Post by DF9053 »

I am nore quite sure where the original thread on coachbuilders products on Minor chassis has gone, but it allows me to focus a slightly different request.

After the research the 1929/1930 Maddox dhc apeals to me as a quality pretty design, and in order to contemplate the construction of a similar body I am looking for as many photo's/pictures as I can.

I have one period advert, (thanks Tony) of the car with its roof up, but if anyone out there has others I would be most grateful. Any angle roof up or down, inside shots, in fact anything please.

If you could email them to marcos67uk@yahoo.co.uk I can then perhaps compile a list and show them within this forum.

Many thanks Jeremy
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

No replies so far, surely someone has so info on these pretty cars.

Effectively a Minor version of the M type Sportsman Coupe, only a drop head for that open air motoring. Maddox adverts describe a quality product, full leather, wind up windows, running boards to avoid that nasty mud all over the doors and according to the market place debate all available at a fraction ofthe price of the MG!

Have I stirred the hornets (no pun intended) nest enough yet?!!

Jeremy
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

Here is a copy of a period advert for the Maddox from 1930. Any other pictures of this model would be most welcome.