Pathe News

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

DF9053

Pathe News

Post by DF9053 »

I picked this up from the MMM forum

http://www.britishpathe.com/product_dis ... ris+motors

You shuold be able to see stills from the Morris Motors film libary, there is quite a bit on MG as well.

Certainly more interesting than Eastenders!

Cheers
Jeremy
Highlander

Re: Pathe News

Post by Highlander »

Jeremy, Looks lioke a good site but to difficult for me. I could not get into the pictures - back to Eastenders!!!!!!
DF9053

Re: Pathe News

Post by DF9053 »

I had trouble at one point last night seeing the stills but then it suddenly started working again. It is well worth it. You can download free low resolution films as well, there is a great one about the making of a Morris engine, shows all the machine work and every thing.

There is another showing a late thrities Morris 10 being built, it looks like an M10 with the unit construction body.

There are some great shots of 12/12 racing at brooklands and of the MG record breaking attempts. There is one Newcastle hill climb that shows an M type going off and the results which show badly buckled wheels.

Another M type on a trial with spinners in place of the standard M type hub cap.

I also found a MG TC in a post war Tulip rally which is now in the USA so I have pointed its owner in the right direction a nice bit of history for him.

I missed Eastenders and had a great time - totally recommend it.

cheers
Jeremy