Brake Pedal Return Springs

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

Brake Pedal Return Springs

Post by chris lambert »

I have just spent a couple of hours trawling round my local auto factors, hardware shops and Screw Fix for an appropriate expansion spring for the brake pedal on the Semi-Sports. None of them had anything remotely resembling what I wanted. Any suggestions as to where I might obtain one?
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Brake Pedal Return Springs

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Chris,

I bought some from my local hardware store here in Ada only last week. I'll send a pair over for you. They are identical except that the diameter of the springs is very slightly less than the originals. But you probably won't notice at 50 mph!

Anyone else need any? I can send a bunch over.
Toby

Post by Toby »

In the future you could try Namrick or alternatively Drews, the ironmongers in Reading. DIY and autofactors aren't what they used to be (B & Q coachbolts snap when you tighten them)... :cry: I envy countries where there are still proper ironmongers, we lost the last independent selling nails in a paper bag, by weight on grocers scales, about 10 years ago. Oh for a man in a brown coat. "Got any 'ose?"
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Thanks Ian - much appreciated. Toby, we still have one such ironmonger in Diss, although on this occasion he couldn't help me out. They have racks of little drawers that they search through to find the most obscure items, just like the Two Ronnies sketch. The Screw Fix store I visited in Bury has a massive catalogue, but only do a box of assorted springs (none of which were any good to me) for £9.99. Good value if you have a need for 50 assorted springs!
Chris