VMR at Beaulieu Autojumble-September 2008

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

VMR at Beaulieu Autojumble-September 2008

Post by Toby »

Sadly Trevor and Chris can't make the autumn big one at Beaulieu and club stalls aren't free, but for this year the VMR will merge with Sears & Sons, I have the posters for the vmr from the smaller May event, will try and stock some bits and bobs and would be pleased to see any VMR members who are there, tea and coffee will be available for VMR members. It is on the 13th and 14th of september and I will be at stalls R327 and 328, in Red field near the Thomas Cook bank/change facilities. (Incidentally we stock bulbs, morris 8 bits, some Austin and MG VA & Y bits, starters, dynamos, regulators, Daimler light 15 engine parts, 1970's brake parts, landrover bits, maybe some minor bits if I can get organised and have space plus the odd wimwam from a gooses bridle) For more info on the event in general go to http://www.internationalautojumble.co.uk
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Re: VMR at Beaulieu Autojumble-September 2008

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Toby,
We would have been there but we have a date clash with the Anglians Constable Country trip. At least you won't have to 'baby sit' two novices as you did so expertly in May!
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

Can I look forward to any visitors on the stall for a cuppa? Is anyone looking for anything in particular for any car 30's up to 70's? Viva handbrake cable, 8 pistons, Austin crownwheel and pinions! :shock:
Toby

Post by Toby »

Excellent to see Simon Hodgins and Wilf Sentance on the stall, plus others who I'm afraid I've forgotten their names! May have coerced a new member from Denmark and also gave details to 2 other potential recruits, one of whom had searched the internet for Minor stuff and not come across us. spotted a 34 and 32 rad, the odd wheel, lots of electrical items for minors on A***** 7 stalls and apparently there was a chassis with bulkhead, axles, gearbox plus bits for £300! Any takers to man a free club stall in May? Have the equipment for a stall, can supply cooker etc, free entry for Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 2 people!
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Toby,
If there are no other takers Trevor and I will volonteer. Despite the 'moans and groans' we both thoroughly enjoyed the stint. If others wish to take our place we will happily step down.
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

Excellent, 2 victims, sorry willing volunteers! :lol: Shall we try to co-ordinate adjacent stalls to help with the logistics? I expect Beaulieu will contact you as you booked the last one.