Ex Ronald Hogg Van for auction

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

Ex Ronald Hogg Van for auction

Post by chris lambert »

What must be a 1931OHC 5 cwt van (and not 1930 as described?) is coming up for auction shortly. Ronald Hogg senior's uphostery business is advertised on the van's side. Guide price is £9.7K -£10.7K.
See it here: http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/cla ... arno/34787

Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Ex Ronald Hogg Van for auction

Post by Ian Grace »

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it finds a good home. It was actually laid down 8th January 1931.

It is currently owned by Vic Plowman in Ferndown, Dorset who bought it from Jim Worth who bought it from the Hoggs. Jim sold it because of health problems which precluded him from driving it, and Vic bought it with no intention of driving it, and put it in his large collection of early vehicles. All very sad.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

On the subject of OHC vans, I have managed to track down the ex-John Twinberrow replica van whis was sold in the spring. It is now in Kent and I'm attempting to contact the new owner.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

The auction is today - Thursday 26th. Let's hope we don't lose contact with another rare Minor...

Is anyone going to the auction?
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

Hi Ian and all.... i suspect that if we'd been at home, we would have gone to the auction.... just out of interest, sadly (lol) we're on holiday in the states..... currently in Oregon.... where, just out of interest, you're not allowed by LAW to re-fuel your own vehicle........

It'd be interesting to know what, if anything was bid for the van, i understand it was on the cover of the catalogue, and therefore may have attracted some attention......
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Hi

According to the Dorset Vintage Auction website , the OHC Van sold for £10,500 !!

Wow !

And yet , reading the recent new thread on the surfeit of Minors currently for sale it would appear that saloons aren't selling.

The 1933 saloon did not get a bid more than £2000 , which did not reach the reserve.

I think that the profile of open two seaters and tourers is somewhat better than saloons on the current market.

Perhaps not as dismal as it may seem. [ Unless you're selling a saloon !! ]

Tony G
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

10.5K... blimey, that'll be over 2 1/2 times what we got for it just a couple of years ago..... still, we got rid of it due to lack of space, nothing else..... be interesting to see if the new owner makes contact, seeing as our details are still all over the van..LOL!!! also he'll need to join the register eh Iain!!!