34 2 seat tourer for sale on Carandclassic web site

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

34 2 seat tourer for sale on Carandclassic web site

Post by chris lambert »

OK, its apparently a 1932 registered vehicle but it has a 34 two seat tourer body and wings. Still some work to do, but looks 90% complete. Priced at £6950 but I guess would accept something like £6.5K. See it here:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C46652?pt=pf

Lots of two seaters around this year but this is only the second 34 model I have seen for sale in 2008.
Chris
Tony Gamble

Re: 34 2 seat tourer for sale on Carandclassic web site

Post by Tony Gamble »

Those wings just don't do anything for the car do they ? Lost it's vintage look at the end of its reign didn't it ?

Tony G
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I e-mailed for chassis and registration numbers. This dealer has some nice cars on offer - see the white B behind and he also has a lovely Austin 7 Top Hat.

Odd that it is a '32, as the body and all the mechanics seem 1934, except the 19" wheels. The chassis number will tell us more.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Chassis number is SV21439, making it the earliest 1933 season car in our records. The data I have is that the registration number is JK 2585.

However, I also have a reference that the car was last running in the eighties and has been stored part dismantled since then.

So my guess is that this is not SV21439, but is a 1934 Minor and that SV21439 gave up its logbook to this car and then the number was subsequently sold off. Or something like that. I'll contact the last known owner and see what he can tell us. The car was on Gren's list. I have asked the vendor if he would check the number stamped on the chassis.