SV kit

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

SV kit

Post by Ian Grace »

This interesting prospect just in from somewhere in Staffordshire:

"1932 Minor Rolling Chassis for restoration. Consisting of... Chassis, Rear axle, Front axle, Springs, Wheels, Brake cross shaft, Firewall/Scuttle panel, Bonnet, Radiator, Dismantled side-valve Engine plus ancillaries, 3 Speed gearbox, Prop shaft, Steering column, Instrument panel etc. No body but will also include plans to build either a 2 Seater tourer or a 4 Seater tourer body. Original brass V.I.N. plate, and V5C with non-transferable registration number. Offers over £1,300. Tel: 01782 515802. (Staffs)"

I have asked for chassis number and registration number.
Tony Gamble

Re: SV kit

Post by Tony Gamble »

This is the rest of the '32 SV saloon from Stoke-on-Trent. Has the body now been sold off then ?

Tony G
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Interesting! I hadn't made the connection. I just got an e-mail in late last night from the guy asking if I would advertise it.

I have asked for chassis number, etc. and I'll also go back and ask about the body. It sounds like he was thinking of making it into an open car (drawings available - probably Harry's '32 4-seater and '34 2-seater). If the body has gone, I'll try to find out where it went.

I also got an e-mail last night from 'Autoelite' (whoever they are) asking if we are the club for '34 Minors. Not sure what that is all about.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I got a reply.

"The body has now been sold, so I only have the chassis available for sale. It was available as a complete car, but a guy was interested in the body only."

I guess the buyer was only interested in the body because only the body was offered on eBay! :roll:
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

This rolling chassis has just been purchased by Steve Lewesly, a new member from Gislingham in Suffolk (3 miles S.E. of me) Arangements have yet to be made for collection. Negotiations are still ongoing about some 'other bits'! Anybody got any wings, both front and rear, as this project comes without them?
Chris