OHC Minor Radiator Top and Bottom Tank

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Sam Christie

OHC Minor Radiator Top and Bottom Tank

Post by Sam Christie »

Would anyone have for sale the top and also bottom tank for an OHC Minor radiator or a complete radiator (minus shell) needing restoration ? You can contact me - Sam Christie - at s_christie04@yahoo.co.uk
Toby

Re: OHC Minor Radiator Top and Bottom Tank

Post by Toby »

Hi Sam, if you check your last newsletter or previous forum posts you'll se I have a steel shelled minor rad for £50. It's not the best rad ever and I think it's for a sidevalve but if you only want the tanks it might be of use? You could sell the shell or else have the rad only for £40. Any good?!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

Toby,
Many thanks for drawing this to my attention. The project ideally needs an OHC top and bottom tank and it would be a pity to modify your rad to do this. Top and bottom OHC tanks from an OHC radiator or a complete OHC radiator (needing repair would be fine) is the preferred option. Thanks none the less.
Sam
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I'm pretty sure I have a 1929 radiator less shell somewhere - either at Colnbrook or with Chris Lambert. I had been storing it in Hastings for years until last year when I shifted all my stuff to Colnbrook for shipping. Chris, any idea?
g4pyd

Post by g4pyd »

,Hi Sam,
there is a rad for auction on eBay, don't know if its suitable,in my ignorance have placed a bid but since found out it will be of no use to me,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=025

hopet his is of use

Colin
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Colin,
The Rad currently on eBay belongs to a forum member - David Whittle. Try contacting him via the Forums private message route.
Chris
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

Thanks to all. The parts have been found.