Shackle pins

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Shackle pins

Post by Ian Grace »

Folks,

I am thinking about co-ordinating the batch production of shackle pins. There are ten per car (plus two of the rear spring front pins), they can be machined easily, are common to the OHC and SV Minor and the M Type, so they should lend them self to Register batch production to save cost for everyone.

I will be needing two sets later in the year - one set for the McEvoy and another for the van, so I'll get the ball rolling.

If you think you might be interested (no commitment needed right now), then please add your potential requirement to the list started below. If we gather sufficient interest, I'll get a quote and invite firm orders.

Ian Grace - 10 shackle pins, 4 rear spring front pins
Simon

Re: Shackle pins

Post by Simon »

Ian
They are currently available from Harry Edwards and Sports & Vintage. I seem to remember that someone at Beaulieu a year or so back had manufactured some.

Note that the front front shackle pin is longer so you need 2 front front, 2 front rear & 8 swinging shackle pins.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Simon,

Thanks for reminding me about the front spring front pins.

I know they are available, but we may be able to get a much better price if we run off our own batch.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Someone at Beaulieu does indeed have them as I bought some and they are there every year, also they have a massive box of them and I think I paid £20 for a set, can't vouch for quality as they're not fitted yet! :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
ashford

Post by ashford »

I think the surname of the chap at Beaulieu is Morgan but I'll try and dig out his contact details; can't find them at the moment! I bought a couple sets from him; they appear excellent quality and were less than half the price of other suppliers.
They also come complete with nuts (Im not sure all suppliers included these)
I haven't put them to use yet but I think he has been supplying the Wolseley Hornet Special club for many years so they must be ok.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I'd be very interested to learn more!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Ian,
Very early Minors had short shackle pins at the front of the front springs. I cant remember at what chassis number they changed.