Another family 8 on ebay

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

Re: Another family 8 on ebay

Post by chris lambert »

I have just emailed him again to tell him he is misleading potential buyers and that I have reported him to eBay.
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

Touchy isn't he! I also emailed him and asked what the incorrect engine was from and asked for the chassis No. so i could check it out before bidding! :twisted: No reply yet!!! He must be ****in ***kers :lol: PS He must also be pretty *issed off with know it all minor owners :lol: :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

I thought you might like to see his reply:

feel free to report away... i think its now obvious that you are clearly someone who THINKS he knows it all i'd tread carefully if i was you as libel is sueable and i will pursue it so you had better get doing your homework mate.

- buckin_fonkers72

His quote that I am someone "who Thinks he knows it all" must be correct as the Wife told me this only last night!
Chris
halbe

Post by halbe »

Hello Chris,

Absolutely the right thing to do, this guy should be held responsible for his misleading Ebay advert :evil:
If you want me to file a complaint let me know , International lawsuits are very expensive :lol:

Halbe
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

All his reply to me did, was confirm what we all know.... he knows nothing...

Dear impreza_dood, (thats me!)

hi i can confirm it has 3 forward and 1 reverse gears reverse being pull back from 3rd or where 4th would be it is using a 12v system now and it is not the original engine number on the engine in the vehicle

thankyou

Paul

So in short, it's a reliant robin engine, with i suspect the reliant gearbox....... it mustn't half have been fitted well, cos it clearly looks original!!!..LOL!!!
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

So who's a Muppet then Chris !! :lol:

Seriously though I do hope that no innocent purchaser is caught out , but somehow I don't think that anyone with any sense would pay this price. With a reserve on £3000 what is he expecting ? :o

Should we keep up the attack and spread the number of enquiries he has !

Tony G
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Tony,
I don't mind being called a Muppet - its the suggestion that I am an Anorak that hurts!! :wink: See his latest epistle to me below:

hey i dont do threats i do promises you claim that i am intentionally misleading the public thats your opinion but you put it in writing then that is slander. along with another few idiots that claim that it is a morris 10 not a 8 and the gearbox is wrong from photos that dont even show it then you anoraks are nothing but a joke... i am intentionally misleading no one so get a life loser.

He sounds like he might be a little rattled!
Chris
cammy

Post by cammy »

He also doesn't know the difference between slander and libel either. Cammy
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

The vendor has now apologised and re-jigged his eBay ad:

i am going to apologise to you for being misinformed about the originality of the car misleading is not my thing i have reworded the advert as i seriously do not intend to mislead anyone

paul

Chris
PS It looks like the Morris Register have been onto him as well!
Toby

Post by Toby »

Chassis No. is 37735. Don't ask how i know! :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I just got the confirmation of chassis number from him - 37735. No other comments regarding the engine...
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

We might be making progress....

I mailed him back stating that the gear shift pattern was not that of a minor, and also that the engine is from a Reliant, he has now replied....

really sorry about the confusion with the pattern i tried without having it running cos i couldnt find the keys or contact my father in law i have now contacted him and he confirms the pattern as you describe i have in fact reworded the advert to save confusion do you know where i could get robin reliant engine numbers from to check as i'm as puzzled as most sorry about any confusion i feel stupid

So, he's admitted feeling stupid, now all i need to do is convince him it's not what he thinks...LOL!!!!

I'll keep going!!!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just sent him this - in reply to him sending me the chassis number:

"Many thanks for that. Perhaps I can clear up some of the unfortunate confusion regarding the engine. This car would originally have had an 8 hp OHC engine fitted. However, in the thirties this engine was referred to by Morris Motors as 'OHV' - since the valves were also over the top of the head, and the term 'OHC' was not yet in popular usage. The engine currently fitted looks like it also has overhead valves, but is definitely not of the type originally fitted to the car, which can be easily distinguished by a vertically-mounted dynamo at the front of the engine which actually drives the cam. The other confusuion regarding SV engines arises because the 1933 season model of this car reverted to a SV engine, but you have the rarer OHC/OHV model here. I'd be happy for you to add this clarification to your eBay information.

Ian Grace
Vintage Minor Register
http://www.vintageminor.co.uk"
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

"Dear lj4435,

hi Ian,
first of all thanks for the clarification... i have never had such a hard time in about 20 years of selling cars lol

much appreciated

Paul

- buckin_fonkers72"
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

I actually sent him 2 pictures of original Minor engines, and also one of the reliant engine to prove that thats whats fitted...!!!

No reply as yet!