OHC Minor Instrument Panel and Instruments

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Tony Gamble

OHC Minor Instrument Panel and Instruments

Post by Tony Gamble »

There is a complete instruments panel and instruments on EBay - needs work- but these are quite rare to find - especially complete with instruments.

It is Morris rather than MG M , but nevertheless worth bidding for if you need one !

Good bidding.

PS Sorry I haven't put a link in here but it should easily be found if you search for Morris Instrument Panel.

Cheers

Tony G
Ronald

Re: OHC Minor Instrument Panel and Instruments

Post by Ronald »

Mmmmm, shall i post the link, or kepe it to myself and bid.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-MORRIS-MI ... dZViewItem
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This is a seriously nice, original piece of 1930 Minor (20 amp ammeter - i'e fast dynamo). Plenty of bids but I think it will go much higher yet - bidding ends over the weekend. The seller also has another 160 psi oil gauge on offer - see seller's other items. Hopefully, members are not bidding against each other!
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

I bet we are! Difficult to tell these days with so many 'private' auctions and just bidder numbers to go by. :?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

The Panel went for £140 and the M Type Oil Pressure Guage for £36 - pretty reasonable! I was outbid on both!
Chris
cammy

Post by cammy »

American Money!
Cammy
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

I think that considering the panel had three instruments in it and the switch unit was complete then £140 was a bargain !!

Do we know the buyer ? I seem to have seen his EBay username before in winning Morris parts !

Tony G
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Wasn't me! :D And I agree that GBP 140 is good value for a complete and origininal assembly. Bet you it went to an M Type owner though...
Dennis K

Post by Dennis K »

I confess, it was me. I bought it for my son's early M type (2M0259), the 2nd oldest M type that we know of and the eighth produced. His dash panel was completely missing. I'm not familiar enough with the Morris cars to know what is Morris and what is MG on this dash panel. Any help would be appreciated.

Also we are looking for details and parts of the rod operated brakes for this very early M type and how the early M types related to the Morris Minor.
Thanks
Dennis
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Dennis,

Well done! I believe that this panel is exactly cortrect for your early M. Some of the early cars had polished (orplated?) vwersions of the same panel, but I have a feelign that the VERY early cars like your son's may have had black painted ones. But the importtnat thign si that this is the right panel and it is totally conmplete and original. One very minor point - the early cars like yours had small dynamos with lower output and accordingly, the ammeters only read to +/- 16 amps not 20 amps. But I doubt if that will spoil your enjoyment of the car!

regardign the rod brakes, I'll leave that one to other rearly M owners to comment - the Minor never had rods of any sort - just cables, even on the early cars.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Dennis,
Welcome to our forum. There are lots of experts here who will let you know if what you won is right for the early M Type. I would also add that there are one or two of us who would be happy to relieve you of the panel and instruments if it doesn't fit the bill! :)
Chris
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Chris

Are you looking for an instrument panel and instruments ?

Tony G
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Ian

Do you remember some time ago when we were discussing instrument panels , and I mentioned to you that I had what I thought was a Minor panel but the speedo hole was circular and did not have the bottom cutout area ?

Could this be an early MGM panel ?

Does the speedo in early MGM's have a 90 degree take off [ as with Minors ] or an angled 45 degree take off ?

If this is the case then Dennis might want to have a look at my early MGM one [ if that is what it is ] !

Tony G
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Tony,
See my email.
Chris
Dennis K

Post by Dennis K »

Tony,
I don't know which speedometer is correct. (45 degree or 90 degree) My late M type speedometer is a 45 degree unit. I also have a white faced 45 degree speedometer that does not fit the hole in the dash panel and has a trip meter. I don't know what it is for either.
Thanks
Dennis