32/33 Saloon Body on eBay - ends 20th April

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

32/33 Saloon Body on eBay - ends 20th April

Post by chris lambert »

Minor Saloon body for auction on eBay. Partially restored with a £500 start and a reserve. I wonder what is happening to the chassis?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1932-33-Morris-Mi ... dZViewItem

Chris
ashford

Re: 32/33 Saloon Body on eBay - ends 20th April

Post by ashford »

I hope that there is a good reason that the chassis is not forsale; perhaps it had the wrong body fitted. If it is the original body it seems a great shame that they are being split as it would clearly be an easy restoration. If the plan is to build an M-type replica or special destroying an original restorable car, it is so unecessary, when it is still easy to collect a kit of parts.

I presume that most of the minors that have cropped up on ebay belong to sellers who are unaware of the clubs existance. Perhaps if they were VMR members the club would have provided the enthusiam they needed to get some of them back on the road - Perhaps its worth contacting this seller to find out what the situation with the chassis is. Im sure there must be a member in the club with a body-less sv chassis who would do an exchange deal for the whole car. I'll try and email the seller.
Toby

Post by Toby »

As this is located in Stoke, I fear it is the car in my post "1932 sv saloon for sale". If it is, then the whole car has been for sale for a long time at £1500 and I guess the owner has given up and decided to break it. Whilst this might seem bad, if there is no demand for the car then it might as well go to a good home in bits? If anyone is interested it might be worth a call to see if it is and then save the whole project. I wonder what the next step is if the body won't sell. I have a sv chassis if anyone fancies saving the body!
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Post by Toby »

This body is now for sale in the "Classic Motor Monthly" at £800.00, it's still in Stoke and the telephone No. is the same as the No. for the Minor project that's been for sale for months and that has disappeared this month! :cry: On the upside, it means that the rest of the car should be coming on the market in bits to help others finish their restorations? Yet another lone chassis anyone!?
Toby

Post by Toby »

This has now turned up in the Morris Register newsletter, still £800. Maybe by now he'd take a lower offer if anyone is interested!
ashford

Post by ashford »

I contacted the owner when it was last on ebay. They had an offer for the rolling chassis alone but the potential purchaser didn't want the body - this is why it was for sale separately. I would presume a body on its own is a lot harder to sell than a rolling chassis. The rolling chassis, engine etc. may still be available as they said the potential purchaser wasn't sure he had the space and hadn't been in contact for a while.