Quite a few bits on the bay....!

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ronald

Quite a few bits on the bay....!

Post by Ronald »

View sellers other items......
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vintage-pre-war-m ... dZViewItem

Interesting, there are wheels in the pic, however they look like splined wheels to me, and in the pic from the rear theres a halfshaft with a non minor end on it..... ie, for splines......
chris lambert

POTENTIAL BUYERS BEWARE !!!!!

Post by chris lambert »

Those of you thinking about bidding on the Minor bits Ian has shown on the home page of the website will be bidding on the Chassis frame ONLY! The vendor is auctioning the other parts shown in his pictures parts seperately - hence Ronald's 'bulkhead only' post. Maybe it was me, but I was under the impression that I would have been bidding on ALL of those items. I hope this warning is not too late for any of our members who are interested in this 'LOT'. A very misleading auction.
Chris
Ronald

Re: Quite a few bits on the bay....!

Post by Ronald »

To be brutaly honest, i hadn't seen the bit Ian posted up...... sorry for the 'old' news...!! :roll:
ashford

Post by ashford »

I was considering bidding on the chassis, but then realised it is missing all of the spring mounting castings at the rear.
This is probably because someone has started to modify it, to fit the rear axle shown in the picture, which appears to be the wider morris 8 axle.(would surely have been easier to modify the axle though). It would be good for some one who has a rusted out chassis with good castings on it.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Bidding ends on all this stuff tomorrow morning. I see someone has bid GBP 100 on the chassis frame. I just put a bid on the instrument panel - albeit gauges not included. I hope I at least get the switchgear. :x
Toby

Post by Toby »

If Ashford is desperate for a chassis, I may be able to help. :?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear