Classic Car Weekly Ad 21st Feb.

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

Classic Car Weekly Ad 21st Feb.

Post by chris lambert »

A 1932 two seater for sale in the North East - ad as below:

Looks like a nice car.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Classic Car Weekly Ad 21st Feb.

Post by Ian Grace »

Good spot Chris. Can you read the registration number on the original? I'll give him a call later today. Seven thousand five hundred pounds?!! :o Anyone give me 15 for the Bed-Pan? Ah, but I wouldn't sell it for twice that! :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

OK - interesting car - and owner (Tim Potts). He has owned the car since 1960, fully rebuilt it in 2003. Chassis number SV13266, reg. no. ST 6862, engine (now) 29645A. Car located near Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Sample Magazine and Membership form on their way to pas on to the new owner. Tim also owns a 1934 Morris 8 saloon which he bought at the same time as the Minor and an Austin 7 which he has owned since 1957, and was his first car.
tonym

Post by tonym »

I have seen this car a few times. It is in very nice nick. Only 101 registration numbers from my MG M. It would have been first registered in June/July 1932 - ST is/was Inverness - who would want to buy cars such as ours in areas where there are those large hills to go up and down!!
Never managed to get the 2 cars together to take a pic of their close reg, numbers
Tony Margel
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Tony,
Welcome to our forum. You join another Tony from 'oop there' on the right - our Mr. Gamble from Selby.
I wish I could see a better image than that which I posted, it looks like a really good two seater.
Chris
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Tonym, I know Invernessshire (nb three ss) well. You can motor up one side of Loch Ness from Inverness down to Glasgow and up the other side at Loch level!!!! Not a hill or mountain in sight!!! Gods own country and vintage minor country as well. Yes the green car is nice - what happened to the last very nice grenn two seater last month? Was it Tonys car from West Country? That did look a good buy.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

According to eBay, it didn't sell. I am sending the owner a sample Magazine - he also owns a Minor saloon.