Post war MGs

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Post war MGs

Post by Toby »

Not something I want in the mag, but will try to post some photos for the website and forum before it goes to ebay!!!... MG YA & YB for sale, YA chassis, engine and running gear completely overhauled and painted-waiting for body to be fitted. Body needs LOTS of attention but good wings and doors etc. have been sourced and are in primer. Believed to be one of the very earliest surviving. YB in as found condition, complete as body donor or project. Both xpag engined and both with V5c. £4,000 the lot or offers? More details to follow.
The last remnants of my Dads collection of unfinished projects, a fortune spent on the YA already, would hate to break due to it being such an early survivor. Toby. themings@yahoo.co.uk
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Toby

Re: Post war MGs

Post by Toby »

Here goes, sorry for the size of the images but the technology to enlarge eludes me, is that what all the spam emails about enlargement mean?!!! Images below show the YA chassis and doors etc. It is from 1947 and is chassis No.303, so earliest survivor as far as I know.Image
Toby

Post by Toby »

Lots of work done and thousands already spent.
Next up is a 1952 YB, virtually complete as a donor car for the body or for restoration, both cars have v5cs and some history.

Will submit larger pictures and full ad to Ian to go on website.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Larger photos below, could be flexible on price, xpag engines alone must be worth a couple of grand?!!!

YB ripe for restoration or donor for YA?

The rolling YA chassis, all up together including new tyres etc.

Wings, doors, bonnet etc. blsted and zinc primed

Body, requires major works to rear. upholstery in foreground
Toby

Post by Toby »

The YA is about the 103rd off the line in 1947. Both are now on ebay, hopefully this may throw up a willing rescuer even if the reserve isn't met (As happened with our VA). Sad to see them go but they're taking up space for the minor and unsold spares when we move from Reading :shock: