MU 3440

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

MU 3440

Post by Ian Grace »

Take a look at this link. This was Keiran Jennings selling the car last year - asking 14,000 Euros. Current whereabouts unknown.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2759894 ... 0390afiUWn
chris lambert

Re: MU 3440

Post by chris lambert »

Ian
The recent history of this car is that John Smith sold it on eBay in July 2006, a week after I sold my Aero Minx. It was sold to a guy in Northern Ireland who the week previosly had unsuccessfully bid on my car. EBay sale price was £6500. He kept it for about six or so months before trying to sell it on again (via eBay) from the spring of 2007 onwards. It had perhaps 5 or 6 tours on eBay throughout last spring and summer with very high reserves or starting prices. The car did eventually sell in the autumn for £6500 (which is a lot less than the 14K Euros he was asking for it). At the time of its sale it was located (and could be viewed) in and around the Leeds area. It has subsequently 'gone to ground'. Anybody know anything?
Chris
PS I kept track of the car in 2007 via my 'Market Place' posts. I named it the 'Sinatra' car for the number of tours it made on eBay!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: MU 3440

Post by Ian Grace »

Chris,

That lines up with my records. I spoke to Keiran who confirmed that the car was loacated near Leeds with his brother and never went to Ireland. But these photos show the car for sale in Ireland last year!

I'll call him again, but it is depressing how few people keep any record of who they sell cars to.

Such a pity that John Smith sold his car on eBay before letting the Register know that it was up for sale. We could have done a far better job keeping it 'in the family', particularly as this car is now fully VSCC-eligible.

Selling cars on eBay has several other drawbacks - rogue bidders (you know all about them, Chris, and Ray McCrary), number palte hawks, etc. The moral should be - if anyone in the Register has a Minor for sale, PLEASE let us kn ow before putting it on the open market, and certainly before putting it on eBay. And when it sells, let the Register know where it went!