The VMR Magazine

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

plj

Re: The VMR Magazine

Post by plj »

Ian,
M 140 arrived this morning. On first scan looks excellent, thanks for my little write up. Now have to summon will power to ration myself or the day will disappear along with 140.

Regards,

Philip
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Philip.

I heard this morning from the Postmaster that he has posted on the large box of Magazines but that the smaller second box (which was posted from here at the same time), and countaining about 20 Magazines has yet to arrive - presumably it got caught in the Christmas rush. I'll post again here as soon as I hear that the second box has arrived safely.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Final 20 UK Magazines posted from Herefordshire this morning.
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Ian

No sign of my M140 and the handbook :(

Kartik
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Quick update on M 141 and the DVD's. These all left VMR HQ a couple of weeks ago. Alex in New Zealand has posted on the Oz and NZ copies. As of last Friday, the Eardisley Post Office in Herefordshire had received the smaller of two boxes of the UK, Europe and Asia Magazines - but not the larger one, which just missed delivery before the celebrations but arrived today and all have been posted on. US, Canada and Japan Magazines were sent a week or so ago, so should be with you guys by now or very shortly. (In sending out 41 Magazines over the years, we have never had any of the 123 boxes go astray - but there is always a first time!)

All those who ordered the Anniversary DVD will be receiving it with your Magazine. Let me know if I missed packing any of them. I think we now have just two or three left if anyone wants one.

Magazine M 142 is just over half complete, but there is still room if anyone has any input. I'll be bringing them to England with me next month for delivery at the Summer Rally or onward posting.
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Ian,

Got the much awaited M141 today , and I must congratulate you for a superb issue,
the content ,the print quality of the pictures is awesome and the front and back covers give that very nice vintage feel.

Delighted to see the story of USJ 1795, many thanks for the space.

cheers
Kartik
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Our Summer Magazine, M 142, is now complete and goes to the printers on Monday, along with the Summer Rally programme. I'll be hand carrying both to England on the 18th, so if you are planning to attend either the Summer Rally or the Northern Weekend, I'll have your Magazine for you. All others will be posted that week.

As with painting the Forth Bridge, M 143 is already in work, so please send in any and all copy at your earliest as I need to get two more issues out before the end of the year. Thanks!
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Got my M142 today, many thanks

Kartik
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 143 just completed, will go to the printers tomorrow. M 144 is due out in time for Christmas, so I'm looking for material so that I can get it written ASAP. All contributions most welcome!
plj

Post by plj »

143 arrived this morning, just remembered that the Beaujolais also arrives today, a happy coincidence.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 144 completed this weekend - will go to the printers tomorrow and hopefully be ready to collect next Friday, packed next weekend and shipped worldwide on Monday 17th, so will hopefully be with everyone over the Christmas holiday - if not by Christmas Day. :D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just collected M 144 from the printers - looks sharp! Will get it packed and away ASAP - probably by Wednesday.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 144 was posted from Herefordshire and Dunedin yesterday. 8)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mine arrived this morning- have not opened it yet !
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

You may have noticed a very slight problem with loss of crispness in the images in M 145. We had the same problem with - I think - M 138. I queried it with the printers and they just replied:

"We have identified what the difference is with the quality of the photos. There is a setting in our printer processing software (RIP) that controls rasterization effects/crispness and for some reason it wasn't defaulting to turned on. We've now got the setting turned on by default and shouldn't see any issues in the future with the crispness/quality of images."