The VMR Magazine

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

KartikeyaL

Re: The VMR Magazine

Post by KartikeyaL »

Ian,

I think I was the last person to get the Mag., Finally got it today,
and its awesome !!

and what an Honor to make the front Page.

Thanks
-Kartik
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

There's going to be a big push on M 139 next week and I am a bit short of material right now. So please see if you have anything to contribute, restoration updates, trip news, check your adverts, etc. Publication date is the end of September. Many thanks.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

So I missed the publication date by a week, but M 139 is now FINISHED, and M 140 is already started, as I want to get it to everyone in time for Christmas which is only 62 shopping days away. :o

So I definitely need any and all contributions for that to happen.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Now that M 139 is on its way to everyone and M 140 is shaping up nicely (and thanks for all the great input, everyone), I have started the monumental task of sorting out all the old large-format issues from M 101 to M 136 which spanned our first decade, and converting them into pdf files. Many of the early PC files need a good deal of reformatting work to clean them up and stitch the pages together into a single Word file necesaary beforfe conversion. Obvious typos and other errors are also being corrected.

The plan is to offer the full set of all 36 Magazines on a single Tenth Anniversary CD for GBP 25 to members, which works out at around 70p per issue. This is a far easier and cheaper task than it would be to re-print all of these issues - let alone worldwide postage of the resulting bulk.

If there is spare disk capacity, I'll add other publications like the various Rally programmes, Newsletters, etc., plus anything else of interest I find in the archives.

Once I get most of them compiled, completed and coverted, I'll be taking orders - hopefully in time for Christmas!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 140 is proof read and going to the printers tomorrow lunchtime. It then gets made into a proof which I check and approve and then it hits the presses before Thanksgiving next week, and will be with everyone in time for Christmas. Printing a magazine less than four weeks after the last one is a record that could not have been possible without the contributions for you guys - thanks so much for all your input.

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Could somebody in the UK or Europe let me know when they receive M 139? Gabriel Ohman received his a few days ago, but Bill Pigott has not. They were all sent directly to the Eardisley Post Office where they have in the past been posted by Bev. They left VMR HQ about two weeks ago.

Hope you like it.

Thanks,

Ian
plj

Post by plj »

Received mine about a week ago. Very good.

Philip Butland
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Philip - that's a relief. M 140 went to the printers yesterday.
x377dk

Post by x377dk »

Hi Ian

I recieved my copy November 16. Very nice work from you. Just keep it up !

Best regards from Denmark.

X377
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks - it looks like everyone has it now.

I received the proof of M 140 from the printers today and approved it, looks very good, so it is now in print. Copy date for M 141 is 18th February if you have any material.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

M 140 collected from the printers lunchtime and looking very good - should have it in the post to everyone by the end of the week.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Finished packing M 140 today - it will ship worldwide tomorrow. 8)
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Anyone in the UK got their M 140 yet? Should be any day now.
lee_rob

Post by lee_rob »

No sign of it yet, not sure if that's because i only recently joined. Should I receive a membership pack soon too, perhaps with a couple of back issue??
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just had an e-mail from the Postmaster who reports that the big box of Magazines arrived yesterday. There is a smaller second box on its way which was posted with the large one. I have instructed him to post all of the Magazines First Class so that you receive them before Christmas. 8)