The VMR Magazine

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ken Martin

Re: The VMR Magazine

Post by Ken Martin »

Chris
Thanks for trying to help me but I am sorry to report that I have tried everything available but cannot see how I can download to save. I have looked at all the iocons and tried right click options. I thought in the right click menu there would be an option to 'open with' but there is not. The open to view download may be via Windows Explorer, but when the Mag page is open there is a reference to Acrobat in the second icon from the left which says ' Click to start an Acrobat Connect Meeting and Store Documents'. This is clearly not what you see on your screen. I use Windows XP.
I think I am going to have to get someone in to help me with this!
halbe

Post by halbe »

Hi Ken,

I also run windows xp.

In the left top corner I have a icon of a floppy disk When I click that ,I can save the document in any place I like and print it from there.
Hope this helps

Halbe
cammy

Post by cammy »

Hi Ken,

I run XP as well. I have no idea what I clicked but I certainly downloaded the magazine. I take it you have adobe 8.
Best of luck and if I can find out what I did i'll tell you.
Ken Martin

Post by Ken Martin »

Sorry to have taken up so much time and space about my problems with downloading the Mag. Chris suggested that I download the latest version of Adobe Reader (8.1.2). I found that I was already using this version, but decided to remove it and re-download. The same tool bar opened up with no floppy disc symbol, but when I clicked on the Adobe Connect meeting symbol the floppy disc icon appeared and from then on all went smoothly except there were two sections that could not be downloaded due to a fault.
Thanks to all that responded to my pleas - particularly to Chris who has also emailed me!
Ken
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I just re-uploaded every article because it looks like a couple of them got corrupted. Do they work now? I also realised that In had forgotten to add a link for the Index page - now corrected. Any other problems?
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I have just read the Winter 2007 VMR Magazine. It is a very good read. I enjoyed the article by Jeremy re his rebuild. His discripion of the taking apart of his engine and the rebuild were very clear and will be a great help to any new member who has to tackle this job. I wish I had read such an article when I did my rebuild!! I would like to suggest that these articles should be in a bound volume - I have seen many in old Morris Journals etc - who would do it? On reading Chris Lamberts article he mentions his Semi-sports and that it has 20 horsepower, can this be right? I have had three 20 HP Rolls-Royce motor cars and they were 3 litres. Can you explain this to me (and I hope others) what you ment? Went down to Worthing today in the minor 76 miles and oil pressure 40psi. Highlander.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Alister,
My editor missed the fact (as of course did I) that I should have added the word 'brake' in front of horse power!! Worse things happen at sea.
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Quick up date on the Magazine, Yearbook and printing.

M 133 and the Yearbooks will ship worldwide next Wednesday.

M 134 is already well under way, and printing it is also looking good with a new printer being eyed up, so this should be our first printed (as opposed to photocopied) issue, which should provide a much-improved photographic quality throughout.
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Hi Ian ,

Two things :

1. The April and the march newsletter link has the same material.
2. when would be the M 137 available online.

Cheers

Kartik
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Kartik,

Two answers!

1. Good catch -thanks. Fixed. Surprised nobody else spotted it - it has been out there for a month! (And the May issue is close to the top of my To Do list!)

2. M 137 won't be going online. The reason previous Magazines have been posted online is because it gave members a chance to see and print off the issues in original colour and good resolution - compared to the black and white photocopied hard copies they received in the post. The other reason for posting the Magazine online is that it could be uploaded about three or four weeks before the hard copies would be in members' hands. But now we have a professionally-printed all-colour Magazine that gets printed and posted within days of the ink drying on the master, then there is no need, and the risk of pirated copies outweighs any advantage. I will be changing the password for the Members' Area shortly. The most important things to protect in the area are the membership list and the chassis register, both of which contain contact details for members. The problem that changing the password creates is that, when I do it, I then receive dozens of e-mails over the next twelve months from people asking why they can't access the members' area any more! I publish the new password in the Magazine - because it is our only communication method that goes to all members - and only to members. I hope that answers your question!
KartikeyaL

Post by KartikeyaL »

Thanks for the in-depth reply , answers all my questions , sincerily waiting for my copy !! :D
cammy

Post by cammy »

Ian, Congratulations on your latest magazine. The quality is superb and you must be proud of it. Well done.

:D
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

mag arrived today ian, it beat the needle..!

very good mag, the size is better in my opinion..... and the full colour makes every page of interest.......... well done!!
halbe

Post by halbe »

Hello Ian,

Best magazine so far !
The new size , full color .... an improvement is all respect :D
Halbe
mowersman

Post by mowersman »

I agree, excellent. Currently sitting on my bedside table along with RT's fuel gauge and drivers door handle... I certainlt like the size better.
Many thanks Ian!!!
Andrew