MG M type footbrake bracket

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

ian judd

Re: MG M type footbrake bracket

Post by ian judd »

I got underneath the M today and discovered something else to put Minor owners off the whole idea. The distance between the bottoms of the clutch and brake pedals is in fact 47mm not the 5mm I thought it was. This means that on a Minor the pedal would have to be straightened like the M. Not really a problem but a pain nonetheless. So, sorry about that, must be getting old or something.
I don't do up my engine mounting bolts dead tight, and at the front I have rubber on top and underneath the front crossmember. The chassis twists so much that I worry about it being transfered to the engine - I've seen a few broken front mountings.
Regards
Ian J
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks for the info, Ian. Didn't the later M's have the throttle pedal on the right? Or did I dream it.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Found a photo of the subject ali casting:
Attachments
M Box 1.JPG
M Box 1.JPG (981.93 KiB) Viewed 603 times
ian judd

Post by ian judd »

I now have a small number of new M type footbrake brackets. At the moment these are plain undrilled castings. Because some owners are able to do the rest of the work themselves, I am going to offer the blank castings since obviously these
will be much cheaper than finished ready to fit units. If anyone is interested the price is £32 plus postage (they weigh about
1 and 1/2 pounds) I can e-mail a photo so you can see what you are getting.
Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Ian,

If you send me a pic I'll put an ad in M 131 for you if you like.

Ian