OHC block

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

ashford

OHC block

Post by ashford »

Theres an OHC block on ebay at the moment. I don't know my ohc bits well enough to confirm if its a m type / minor or another one of the mmm cars.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=007
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: OHC block

Post by Ian Grace »

The engine number tells me that this is a Family 8 block, but that is only of passing interest as the block is the same from around 12000 or so, i.e. the block which was designed to accept the fat dynamo, so it would be suitable for any car other than the '29s. And you could even use it on a '29 with small dynamo if you wished - provided you had the early nosepiece. You would just have a slightly bigget gap at the back of the dynamo.

Also of possible interest is the fact that late-type fat dynamos do JUST fit in front of early blocks - without the concave front face. My tourer OF 4554 has this arrangement. I say 'my' tourer loosely. It is now sold to Ray McCrary in Nashvilee and I am havng some work done on it this spring before he comes to collect it. That will give me space to get to grips with the McEvoy rebuild when she arrives here around April.