Somebody grab this QUICK!

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Somebody grab this QUICK!

Post by Ian Grace »

This just in:

"Ian,

FYI I've just put this on the Triple M Register website. Wondered if its any good to you or any of your cammy Minor contacts? It's one of the best original cranks I've ever seen.

For Sale: One reground original MG M type crankshaft, (big end journals about 0.040" undersize and rear main 0.025"). Set of re-metalled pinchbolt-type rods. Crank oilway plugs have been taken out and oilways throughly cleaned and plugs replaced. Rear main sleeve oil thrower modified for lip seal. Excellent rear taper/sleeve fit (it has been lapped). New large castellated nut to suit and cross-slotted end of crank thread not damaged as they usually are where locking key fits in.

Understood to have been crack tested OK by previous owner.

I have removed this from an expensively rebuilt engine which has not been run. The white-metalling is excellent and the rods a very good fit on the crank.

Ready to fit to your engine. All you would have to do is to have your rear main bearing replaced or bored to suit and modified to take the thin lip seal.

If the car was for road use only, I would be using it but as I have one eye on competitive use, I have purchased a new steel crank.

I would like £200 for it which is less than the cost of the white metalling."

Contact ajbhome@dsl.pipex.com I think this is Andy Bradshaw
Ronald

Re: Somebody grab this QUICK!

Post by Ronald »

Shame we just spent god knows how much on a brand new one..... well, better than new really..... if we ever get the engine back!!!

Note to self, ring engine man....LOL!!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Ronald,

What can I say? Story of my life? How many times more expensive was your new crank, than what your Dad paid for the car? :wink:
Ronald

Post by Ronald »

The only answer to that Ian, is, Shhh, don't say that too loud... i don;t think he;d have really approved!!! still it'll be nice when we get it back.... still not rung him!!!