MG 100

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

MG 100

Post by Ian Grace »

Lots of Centenary events nest year, including Pre-War Prescott where we are planning to display and cavalcade an example of every marque from the oldest surviving M.G. to the latest TF.

Here's the MG 100 website that just went live:

https://www.mgcentenary.co.uk/
SV_Minor

Re: MG 100

Post by SV_Minor »

I thought the latest model is the MG4 EV :P :lol:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Now seriously, is that really an M.G.? :lol:

We rented one of those M.G. SUV's on our 2021 UK trip - hated it! So much automatic stuff, I didn't feel i was really in control of it!

When we took it back, I spoke to Budget about it and they said all of that stuff can be turned off. But who has time when renting a car to plough through 200 pages of software manual?!
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Ian Grace wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:59 pm Now seriously, is that really an M.G.? :lol:
The MG Car Club seems to think so. I see they allow owners of such things to join the ranks.
Ian Grace wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:59 pm We rented one of those M.G. SUV's on our 2021 UK trip - hated it! So much automatic stuff, I didn't feel i was really in control of it!
Some similarities to a vintage Minor then. The Minor has zero automatic stuff, but you still feel like you're not really in control of it! :lol:
Ian Grace wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:59 pm ... who has time when renting a car to plough through 200 pages of software manual?!
The 1980s was the decade of thin Owners Manuals. Prior to that there were many pages on maintenance. Since then the books have got increasingly thicker as more 'Driver Aids' and 'Touchscreen Functions' have been added.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Indeed. We bought a Vauxhall Astra from Nick Williams earlier in the year - as our runaround. It's pre-onboard computers and everything is manual. So much less to go wrong.

I've got a 1996 XK8 over here in Seattle - also mostly pre-computer, except it has all sorts of engine sensors that control the fuel injection, timing, etc. It has a problem that, when you drive it and park it for ten or fifteen minutes, you then get all sorts of flashing engine warnings and it starts to misfire horribly. Somehow heat is migrating to some sensor or outher and buggering everything up. Even the Jaguar dealer in Seattle cant' figure it out. So frustrating.
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Just spotted this article from Classic & Sports Car magazine...

www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/23-times-mg ... a7#image=1

'23 Times MG got it Right'