Minor saloon, chassis SV5535

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Nutty Nige

Minor saloon, chassis SV5535

Post by Nutty Nige »

Hello Folks
Having moved on with the restoration of Minor steel saloon, chassis number SV5535, I have reached a stage of needing information as to the car's original colour. The car has been established by the research of Ian Grace, to have been the last 1931 model to have come down the Cowley line on17th July 1931. Like many Minors from the last three weeks or so of production of the cheapened £100 car and its saloon and tourer derivatives, this car seems to have always been blue instead of the otherwise universal Battleship Grey for the cheapened models. I'd really like to know the shade of blue? My experienced body man thinks it would have been the dark "Oxford" or "Navy" blue because that would have been the only blue Morris were using in mid-1931? I'm not, but am prepared to be, convinced!
I'd also appreciate any help with the finding of interior fittings. These are window locking catches for the sliding side windows, a rear window glass, and any trim parts, please, including a dashboard? Nigel Stennett-Cox