An adventure anyone?

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

DF9053

An adventure anyone?

Post by DF9053 »

After all the reading of travel books how about

http://www.endurorally.com

If Peking is not your thing how about Luxor?!!
chris lambert

Re: An adventure anyone?

Post by chris lambert »

This image is on the Dorset austin 7 clubs website. It looks like this car has very recently completed a grand tour of Eastern Europe. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm with Jeremy, is it not time a Minor made an epic journey? web site can be found here:

http://www.da7c.co.uk/photopage_3/photo_page_3.htm

Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This Seven looks a bit like John Dixon's 2-seater with place names all over it. He did thousands of miles across Europe, Asia and Russia in his SV 2-seater - bought for a fiver!

The Austin 7 clubs used to have annual rallies to the European principalities - to a different one each year - do they still do this?

I'm just starting to read Gilg's book - riveting stuff. :D
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

I have just seen another image of this car which has "Peking to Paris 2007" painted on the bonnet - so was this another of the Severns that started out with Annabelle.?
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

I don't think any A7's did the enduro rally Peking to Paris in 2007, all the cars in the web site are large. Having seen some video clips it looks rough and a wonder is a saloon is the right body type. The A7 pictured most with Annabelle was a green chummy, there is more on her web site which can be got through the LC&ES and VMR pages.

The Luxor trip is mainly on tarmac so would be a good intro, goes through Cairo so could look up Gilg old haunts!

Just need some sponsorship!
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Jeremy,
This is the other image I made reference to in my earlier post. Looks like it has an official looking sticker attached and all the destinations painted on the side indicates it made the journey from Peking to Paris last year. Anybody fancy a Norwich to Paris trip in April in their Minor?

Chris
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

I saw this Chris, must be another trip than the enduro rally one. Almost feels like the road from Peking will be littered with old cars! If its that easy.........

Wilf and I are going to Le Mans in July in the MG, I know thats only 60 years old but still it will be a fun trip for us.

Other options for getting cars down to the south of France and Italy include the motor rail services, Calais-Nice, Dusseldorf- Verona. I am planning a trip in 2009 to Verona, driving back through Cortina, Stelvio and various other alpine passes. Again in the MG rather than the Morris.

A dream of mine has been to go to St Petersburg. A local Morris Register chap took his Cowely Four on quite a tour of France a couple of years back.

It can be done! I am trying to get some details of the Luxor trip - like cost, most seem to be an arm and a leg and then another arm! Perhaps this is why there are so many independant trips.