Summer Rally and Pre-War Prescott 2022

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Summer Rally and Pre-War Prescott 2022

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks Jonathan, understood. There's no entry cut-off date.

And are you planning to be at the Old Bull next Sunday?
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Ian Grace wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 2:11 pmAnd are you planning to be at the Old Bull next Sunday? /quote]

Most certainly. Been looking forward to it. It's only some 13 miles from home.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Excellent - just wish we could be there!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

If anyone is planning to book lunch at the Colesbourne Inn on Sunday, they recommend you book no more than a couple of weeks in advance, as they are currently experiencing staffing problems and may not be open on that Sunday.

However, you can book the Old Rectory any time you like.

We are recommending booking lunches for 12 noon.

Any issues - just let me know.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Latest entries include Joe Reed (the landlord of the Old Bull, where we are holding our spring pub meet this Sunday) who has entered his Minor saloon for the first time. Also on Sunday, Paul Tunnicliffe has entered his Semi-sports in the nav rally. And Stuart Cooke has just entered the prototype McEvoy Minor RC300 in Pre-War Prescott.

In other news, a light-hearted treasure hunt element is being included in the Friday Scenic Tour - with suitable prizes!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Re booking lunches at The Old rectory for Sunday. his just in from Mike Wheadon:

"I have been in touch with the Rectory. Charming people but it is just a Husband and Wife operation. So the plan is now to forward order from the online menu about 10 days in advance with arrival time 12.00hrs and eating at 12.15 hrs. This arrangement will have to be for everybody connected with our event. People contacting this venue will be advised of this plan."

Thanks Mike!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yesterday, with the entry of John Stubberfield with his 1929 Minor tourer, entries hit the 200 mark for the weekend. Of these, 187 are Pre-War Prescott entries.

Pleasingly, four of the latest six entries are Minors. Keep them coming!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Progress. Mike Tebbett drove the Friday route today so I now have the finalized version of the Tour Handbook. I have also just sent him the Sunday route to drive. Both routes are coming together superbly.

Now to assemble all of the clues.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Another bit of good news this morning. The 300 foot Stanway gravity fountain has been out of action for over a year, but is now repaired and will be launched for us on Sunday afternoon after the cream teas. Always impressive.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

And in more good news this morning, Peter Robinson will be joining us at Prescott on Saturday.

Forty years ago Peter, a corporal with the Royal Marines, was photographed carrying the Union Jack aloft as he marched towards Stanley in the final hours of the Falklands War. The photo below was taken on June 14th, 1982, and the photograph, known as The Yomper, came to symbolise the fighting spirit and determination the British soldiers displayed during the conflict.

In Peter's words:

"The rumour came round that there were white flags flying in Stanley and the Argentinians had surrendered. The marine in front of me had a union flag so we found some black masking tape and stuck it on my aerial and just carried on our way."

The South Atlantic Medal Association will be bringing a display tent to Prescott where you will be able to meet Peter and his wife, along with many other Falklands veterans as we mark the 40th Anniversary of a tremendous victory.

See also:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-somerset-60982214
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Anyone not familiar with PA474 might like to watch this. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the Dams Raid. Can't wait to see it over Prescott in the afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POMt4Us8kdU

The BBMF bomber crew are autographing some Lancaster memorabilia to be auctioned at Pre-War Prescott to raise funds for the RAF Charitable Trust.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I just received a list from the Bugatti Owners Club of those who have pre-registered with them for Pre-War Prescott. Of the 196 cars entered so far, just 38 have been pre-registered!

If you have entered Pre-War Prescott and not pre-registered with the BOC, here are the two vital steps you must take to be able to climb the hill on the day:

For all who wish to climb the hill on Saturday (drivers AND passengers), you will need to obtain a MSUK Clubman license at https://rsclubman.motorsportuk.org/.  It is free of charge and easy to obtain.  Once you have it, print it out and bring a copy to Prescott on the day - you will need it if you wish to climb the hill.

Once you have obtained your license, you will also need to pre-register for the day with the BOC, using this link: https://forms.gle/qagqFhy1oewkvECg9
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

The Final Instructions for the weekend's four events can now be viewed, downloaded and printed at http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Final Instructions.html.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's the latest update which was circulated this week, providing all the very latest news and info for the weekend:

http://www.vintageminor.co.uk/Pre-War%2 ... 20June.pdf
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Our Summer Rally is only three weeks away now!

Jayne and I are flying across in two weeks which will hopefully give me time to get up to North Yorkshire to pick up the fabric saloon. I may have two Minors at Prescott, and possibly three.

There's 18 Minors booked in for the weekend so far:

1 DG 325 1930 Morris Minor tourer Clive Hamilton-Gould
2 LJ 4435 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Ian Grace
3 WE 6554 1929 Morris Minor tourer Ian Grace
4 CSL 977 1933 Morris Minor saloon Mike Jones
5 BR 8606 1930 Morris Minor 2-seater Richard and Sue Woodward
6 BPB 357 1934 Morris Minor 2-seater Paul Ellis
7 TF 3362 1930 Morris Minor saloon Clive Perkins
8 CRF 572 1934 Morris Minor 2-seater Harold Blair
9 UR 7238 1929 Morris Minor tourer Claire Rolfe
10 MM 9385 1929 Morris Minor tourer Steve Kent
11 VSU 309 1931 Morris Minor tourer Joe Reed
12 JN 570 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Paul Tunnicliffe
13 RC 300 1931 Morris Minor McEvoy Special Stuart Cooke
14 DV 3600 1930 Morris Minor tourer Jo Langford-Yates
15 TP 9995 1931 Morris Minor 2-seater George Rodford
16 VG 2007 1929 Morris Minor fabric saloon Ian Grace
17 HN 8234 1932 Morris Minor 2-seater Mike Wood
18 MU 5741 1932 Morris Minor Calshot Ian Harris

Paul Tunnicliffe is only booked in for Sunday, so that's 17 Minors at Prescott - if they all turn up on the day. Not a bad list, but we could do better! Anyone else planning to come along?

And I just heard that Stuart Cooke has problems with the brakes on his McEvoy so will be bringing another car, so that's 16 Minors for Prescott.