Help required 1929 Minor Tourer

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Steven Fathers

Help required 1929 Minor Tourer

Post by Steven Fathers »

Good evening all, Just acquired KX 2397 a really original 1929 tourer and I need some help please to find some parts to make the car correct. On the car there are no hood rests. If anyone has any spares or a pattern or a even a drawing that would be most helpful? The car is fitted with later bumper bars and I would like to put some earlier examples back on the car if any one can help? I know this request is a long shot but apparently the hood frame is incorrect any advice or parts gladly received. Many thanks in anticipation. Stephen
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Help required 1929 Minor Tourer

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Steven, and welcome to the Forum.

Some good news for you - the rear bumper on your car is actually the correct 1929 unit - with the 180 degree turns at the ends.

Ian Harris did have some hood rests some time ago. I think he inherited them with Harry Edwards' stock after he passed away. I'm not sure whether he has any left, and, from memory, I bought a pair a long time ago but they were different to the originals - being considerably smaller. The originals also had small pieces of leather riveted on to them to protect the hood when folded onto them.

Ian Harris can be contacted at ianhms@outlook.com . he has a good stock of Minor spares. You should also make contact with Mike Dowley at Sports & Vintage Motors up in Shrewsbury who is the main supplier of MMM spares. http://www.sportsandvintage.co.uk/

I suggest you should make contact with owners of other tourers in your area to take hood frame measurements, etc. You can access the Members' List, which contains car and contact details, in the Members' Area of the website (did I send you the username and password?). Failing that, bring the car to our Summer Rally at Prescott where two other 1929 Minors are already booked in, including my own, with original hood frames. Bring a measuring stick and camera!