New Car

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

When did you get your first Vintage?

Recently
11%
When I was young!
44%
A while ago.
44%

Total votes: 9

Will Grace
Site Admin

New Car

Post by Will Grace »

I guess I will kick this thread off by telling everyone about my new 3-1/2 Bentley..... So far I have 2 screws and a block of wood!
Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the windows.
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

I have an MG like that, at the moment its just a wheel centre and a key ring!

I'm sure I had a bolt from a Bugatti somewhere but I can't find it......
SideValveMan

Re: New Car

Post by SideValveMan »

Will Grace wrote:I guess I will kick this thread off by telling everyone about my new 3-1/2 Bentley..... So far I have 2 screws and a block of wood!
Will,

You ****** !!

I had saved my hard earned money for the past 10 years for those Bentley bits. I wondered where they had disappeared to.

Looks like I'll have to start all over again.

:lol:
Toby

Post by Toby »

I inherited the beginnings of a lagonda, dad swore that the tin of 5 valves our autojumble stall were Lagonda... Is anyone out there any good at identifying old 2ndhand valves? Does anyone need some pre-run in Lagonda valves? they're the same as Bentley ones only dearer, probably the same model as yours. On a serious note, when does a pile of bits become a car, how much needs to be present for it to be a project?
Toby

Wills bentley

Post by Toby »

After some thought... We all may have a bit of bentley or similar, if we got the club together we could build a special around an A***** 7 chassis and sell it on to boost club funds or realise some capital from our parts? What parts are out there that we don't need? Along with the lagonda valves, my brother has 2 triumph 5ta mudguards and I can also lay my hands on a Lancaster altimeter and a bedford lorry indicator switch.