Complete rolling chassis in working order wanted

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

KAS750

Complete rolling chassis in working order wanted

Post by KAS750 »

My son Joe who has just turned 15 has been saving up for two years to buy a vintage rolling chassis to build a car from.
In lockdown when schools were closed he worked with me and was an absolute god send as I was recovering from knee surgery and I paid him a fair rate of which he put every penny into his “car fund”

So we are looking for a complete rolling minor chassis in which to do this.
Ideally a cammy minor but Sv is fine too.
It’s more important that it’s complete in all honesty.
Any help gratefully received and a good home and documented updates promised.
Adrian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Complete rolling chassis in working order wanted

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Adrian,

I don't know of one on offer right now, but they do come up quite often - although SV more than OHC. I will put your appeal in the January Newsletter - due out on Friday.

And congrats to your son for taking an interest at such a young age - I'm sure all of the members will back him to the hilt with his project and look forward to his debut at Prescott! And if a goal is required to get the car on the road, why not 2028, when we will be celebrating the Centenary of the Minor? Or sooner, of course!

Looking ahead, have you two had any thoughts about a body style? Original, copy or special? I guess that will depend a bit on whether the chassis is scuttle tank or rear tank.
KAS750

Post by KAS750 »

Thank you Ian I appreciate that.
I think a special of some type is the plan and will be period correct as far as we can.
Joe being 15 has enthusiasm to burn! So I expect it to be full steam ahead when we find a rolling chassis.
In the past I made a zeppelin style vintage side car body so I’m hoping to pass on some knowledge to him with this.
KAS750

Post by KAS750 »

A little bump up on this.
We are still looking for a complete car or rolling chassis.
KAS750

Post by KAS750 »

Still looking