VMR stand at May Beaulieu?

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

Re: VMR stand at May Beaulieu?

Post by chris lambert »

Blimey! Maybe we should ambitiously try and get all twelve pre war Minor variants there ( Toby has most of them anyway!). That might cause a parking problem or two! :lol: Seriously though, what a good opportunity for the club. I am sure most post war Minor owners know little or nothing about their cars pre war cousin and this would provide just the platform to 'educate' them. If we can't generate some interest amongst that particular community then.......
I guess we have to wait and see what the organisers say about spaces for cars adjacent to the stands, but we have quite a few members with active cars in that kneck of the woods don't we? Any body in forum land interested in joining us over the weekend?
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

If they invite cars to display then it would be away from the stalls. I have the booking form for the stall, now, and will send it to you over the weekend. You're close to the truth about my minors if you rule out ohc and then say I have a bit of each model!!! :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Maybe Chris meant Tony - as in Tony Gamble? :D
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

VMR stand at Beaulieu was booked today, although will have to wait until after 3rd March to find out if our 'preferred' stand location (adjacent to Toby's) has been allocated to us.
Chris
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Received confirmation of our stand booking today. I will eventually receive some tickets (4) and car passes (2) for the weekend.
Chris
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Beaulieu definitely want us to display some cars over the weekend (to help commemorate the post war Minor's 60th birthday) but as yet we don't know how much space we will be allotted. Does anyone want to 'show' their car over the spring Beaulieu weekend? I would imagine they would be roped off, away from too many prying fingers. More detail to follow as it becomes available.
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

I am unable, due to stand/van commitments but maybe an email to members in the hants/dorset area who are non forummers might get a response, chris neale, for example, is nearby. It certainly is an excellent opportunity to raise the minor/vmr profile.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I'm working on it!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Very quiet on this thread at the moment - I get the feeling we should be doing something! I'll put a piece in the April Newsletter (due out before we depart on the 24th March), and ask for cars to show.
Toby

Post by Toby »

It would be v.sad if we can't field some minors as this is a golden opportunity to further the minor cause! :cry:
Toby

Post by Toby »

Hows the list of willing minorists for display going? Have you got hold of the guy in Lymington? If YG gets a clean bill of health I will be looking to get PJ down to our new residence, my brother says that we can cope with just his van for our stall and with transport back to Reading it makes sense to get PJ down there that weekend. If this happens I can bring my minor along. What's the deal for display cars that weekend?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Toby,
I think Trevor and I will be in a modern, although I guess I could trailor one of our cars down - I haven't discussed this with him yet. I think Ian was going to contact Chris Neal about displaying his £100 Minor, but have not heard anything to date. I must really start getting some 'bits' together.
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

It would be a shame if we can't manage to field some cars at such a prominent event given the opportunity and the fact that we've got a stand trying to promote the vmr and using our cars!( I am more than aware that you and Trevor are already manning the stall and roughing it for the weekend, it shouldn't be you who has to trailer a car down from Suffolk!) You could park the trailer at our new residence, only 20 mins away from Beaulieu, if you did, though. I have printed up some sv service sheet sets and the stall will be good if it only has vmr info on it! Well done for all your hard work with this and the summer rally-would you like me to try and rustle up some members cars? Are Beaulieu giving free entry to vmr members who display their cars? :?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Toby,
From what I can gather from the booking email they have sent me I am being supplied with two showground vehicle passes and 4 free tickets, two of which will I assume cover me and Trevor. I will call Beaulieu tomorrow and find out how many vehicles we can 'show' and where they will be in relation to the stand. Thanks for the service sheets, I am going to try and do the Minor Handbook on a CD, both S/V and OHC. I will also review the earlier posts on this thread and chase up a one or two of the offers that were made in the winter.
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

Chris,The tickets and passes are for the stand, I just wondered what the set up is for the "other" Minor clubs who are there for the one off anniversary. I'm happy to contact people in the area who are in the club if I know what we are being offered in the way of entry for display, in addition to the stand which is always available at the May event. There isn't enough space to display cars on the stall (though you'd get one on) so I assumed we'd been offered the chance to join the post war clubs displaying elsewhere? I will be trying to round up people once we move down there, anyway, ( especially as my offer to start a New Forest chapter seems to have sunk without trace :lol: ) Must make those clutch tools, too!