VMR stand at May Beaulieu?

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

VMR stand at May Beaulieu?

Post by Ian Grace »

This just in from Toby Sears (he's sorting out Forum access right now):

Hi Ian, I just received my booking forms for the 2008 Beaulieu autojumbles, today. The dates are 17th & 18th May (set up on the 16th) and 13th , 14th Sept (set up on the 12th). A single club stand is free with 4 exhibitor passes and 2 vehicle passes but only available at the May event. I will be tied up with our stall but let me know if the club would like a stand and I can probably rustle up some tables and stall, we also have tea facilities and I assume that if it is booked on my form the stand will be near ours. It is a good opportunity to publicise the club if a banner was on display and also is good for 4 club members to get in f.o.c. and maybe sell some regalia or parts?

Anyone like to be there in May and fly the VMR and EMS flags?
Toby

Re: VMR stand at May Beaulieu?

Post by Toby »

For any interested members... Today I bought some flat bar, 3/32", for setting up my clutch. I had to buy an 8 foot length and will donate sections to the vmr stall as clutch tools to sell. Perhaps any interested members could get some nice repros of minor related stuff done to sell? any other ideas?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Toby,
I'm a volunteering to person (politically correct expression I believe) the VMR stand! Is there anybody else out there who would also like to volunteer? Any ideas for items to sell? Toby, what else do I need to do-register somewhere or what?
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Chris,

I can send over a load of Yearbooks.

Ian
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Ian,
I remember that Barry Rogers had a big VMR flag or banner for one of our earlier rallies - is it still available somewhere? I remember now - it was draped on a fence at our last Prescott Rally. It looked very professional and would look entirely appropriate on a stall.
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yes, I have several. They are in Hastings. I'll see about getting them posted to you. They look great!
Toby

Post by Toby »

Blimey, I thought a general vmr apathy was descending on the Beaulieu offer! Food is available on site and you can sleep on the stall if you wish. It's not essential to sell stuff as it's a free club stand but minor stuff would atract minorists and maybe could go to underwrite club badge costs or something? Anyone got any stock donations, any left over kingpins, door handles etc?. I can put the club booking on my form or you can apply on behalf of the vmr, I'll check with Beaulieu to see if you have to apply, if it can be done on my form it may mean a good position near me for some social stuff! I have a fairly stout gazebo that I can loan to the club and deliver on site/erect. This project may have legs!!! :D
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

I'll have to ask the Missus about sleeping in the stall - we haven't done any camping since the VMR Rally at Peatling Magna a few years back. I am sure we can rustle up some items to sell. It would also be appropriate if we had some large size images of our cars, membership forms etc. Any VMR regalia left Ian?
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just Yearbooks and some back issues really. I have one pair of chromed calormeter wings left. However, this might make a good opportunity to give the EMS some publicity and our Search and Rescue challenge to search out and help rescue as much of our Morris heritage as possible before it all rots away. I can supply membership forms and I'll have a think about what else could be supplied. I could probably get some A3 colour posters knocked up of various Morrises in various states of decay - something like this piece of rotting heritage perhaps:

It might also be an opportunity to seek out some more SV Minor owners.
Toby

Post by Toby »

How about selling copies of service sheets, if anyone has a set.? (I'd be the first buyer!!!) Alister has a lube chart in cracking condition that would be good as a poster print... :?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

How about selling CD's of the spare parts lists and handbooks - I wonder what the situation is concerning copyright on these 75 year old items? It doesn't seem to bother sellers of old Jo. Lucas parts lists that are constantly offered for sale on eBay by a variety of different sellers.
Chris
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Toby , et al

I have a full set of both the SV and OHC service sheets and can supply copies [ although I think that they are a peculiar size from memory ! ] - however , I'll see what I can do.

There is also the OHC chassis drawing , Clive Perkins has the original !

This project is looking very promising !

Tony G
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Lets see then, what will we have to offer:

VMR Yearbooks
VMR Magazine back issues
S/V and OHV Parts Lists on CD
Lubrication Chart Copies
Service Sheet copies
Clutch Tools
Chassis drawings

An afterthought; how about some postcard sized prints of the various Minor models. I have some excellent masters from which to scan from?

Also, to decorate the stand we could have the following:

Large VMR banners
Membership forms
Larger sized poster prints of our cars

Anything else?
Chris
Last edited by chris lambert on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Blimey, this has definitely got legs!!! :D
Toby

Post by Toby »

An exciting possible development has possibly developed :lol: I spoke to Beaulieu today and the stand, 4 tickets and 2 car park passes are free but I will need to get a form filled by the club, to show I'm not just trying to get a free stand space! When I get the form I'll forward it to Chris and if it goes back with my entry we'll get a stand near my stall (good position). The best part is that she said that we were interesting "because it's the 60th anniversary of the minor and we're trying to get a display of every model made" I pointed out that it's actually 79 years of the minor and she may well want some proper minors there too as she was unaware of the earlier ones!!! :shock: I'm waiting to hear but if they do want some I assume it would mean free entry for saturday and sunday for car displayers too!