Vintage Minor Register Pre-War Prescott 2021

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Minor Register Pre-War Prescott 2021

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's the latest Minor entry - down two to 19 from 21 due to two rollovers to 2022. I'd really like to see 21 cars (or more!) present on the day, as this year we mark the 21st Anniversary of the Register.

1 LJ 4435 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Ian Grace
2 BR 8606 1930 Morris Minor 2-seater Richard and Sue Woodward
3 MM 9385 1929 Morris Minor tourer Steve Kent
4 JN 570 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Nick Jarman
5 TF 3362 1930 Morris Minor saloon Clive Perkins
6 MU 5741 1932 Morris Minor Calshot Ian Harris
7 PG 2676 1929 Morris Minor Special Paul Gregory
8 CSL 977 1933 Morris Minor saloon Mike Jones
9 WE 6554 1929 Morris Minor tourer Ian Grace
10 VSU 309 1932 Morris Minor tourer Joe Reed
11 BPB 357 1934 Morris Minor 2-seater Paul Ellis
12 IA 9142 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Alistair Bond
13 BF 6628 1930 Morris Minor saloon Alan Dolman
14 UR 4313 1929 Morris Minor fabric saloon Tom Swain
15 DV 3600 1930 Morris Minor tourer Jo Langford-Yates
16 LV 1008 1932 Minor 2-seater Paul Hiden
17 VF 6700 1929 Minor tourer Peter Stubberfield
18 RSJ 615 1932 Minor 2-seater Jonathan Barwick
19 HN 8234 1932 Morris Minor 2-seater Mike Wood

That's 13 OHC and 6 SV

And where are the 5 cwt. vans? We've only ever had one at PWP - I'd love to see more.
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Thanks Ian, if there is a slot on the day I'll book it 8)
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Looks like excellent news from the UK Government is emerging. It looks like the lockdown WILL end on July 19th.

This is the Monday AFTER what would have been the July weekend's rally dates, so this absolutely vindicates the decision to postpone to September.

Of course we also need MSUK to align their restrictions, but I can't imagine that will take them another 8 weeks from the end of lockdown.

This is really fantastic news, as the current restrictions on Prescott are ridiculous - requiring pre-registration of EVERYONE, including spectators, social distancing, masks, complete segregation of the Orchard from the Paddock, so no spectators in the Paddock, no catering for spectators, and on and on.

Hooray for common sense at last!

However, international travel is a different story. Number 10 is apparently pouring cold water on reports earlier this week that the fully-vaccinated might soon be able to avoid quarantine. I can only hope that this, too, is lifted by September.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

As a result of illness, Mike Dowley is unable to bring his band to Prescott, but we have engaged the extremely popular Eureka Jazz Band for Saturday evening. They last entertained us in 2015.

https://eurekajazz.co.uk/
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thwe Friday ininerary is firming up, after the shift from July which meant that Morgan could no longer host us in the morning.

The plan now is to gather at Prescott in the morning and wend our way, on a pre-planned scenic rout westward to the Walwyn Arms (https://www.walwynarms.co.uk/) at Much Marcle for lunch which is just around the corner from Weston's Cider Mill.

There will be one or two interesting locations to visit during the morning, and a similar scenic route will be provided which will get you back from Much Marcle to the Prescott area.

We do still have spare places for any of these Friday activities. If you would like to join is, please let me know, so I can confirm number with the venues.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... in-england

More great news, which means that Jayne and I almost certainly won't have to quarantine on arrival, and just as important, the lifting of quarantine should mean more flights actually depart from Seattle to London. Until recently, there were no international flights from Seattle to anywhere (except South Korea!), but I was on Flightradar25 this morning and saw the Delta flight arriving into Heathrow from Seattle. That is our flight that we have booked in September.

And with Freedom Day coming up in 12 days, we will almost certainly have a tremendous weekend with little or no restrictions.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

But, as announced today, the lifting of quarantine is only for UK residents, jabbed in England, returning to England. So as things stand today, we will still have to quarantine. Let's hope this changes before September.

A bit daft in my view, because we're all getting exactly the same jabs!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This info just sent out today by the Bugatti Owners Club. I will be clarifying some of this with the BOC - particularly whether there is any more need to pre-register for track-and-trace. Hopefully not, so that anyone will be able to simply turn up on the day and pay at the gate, which would be super news - particularly for spectators. Watch this space for further updates.

"As you can imagine, there has been progress with the easing of social distancing requirements since our email last week. The main development being that we have received written confirmation from Motorsport UK that competition and spectator bubbles will no longer need to be kept separate. This means that everyone on site will have access to all areas on the Prescott Estate.

In addition to spectators having access to the paddock, we can also confirm the Club Shop and Friends of Prescott Shop will be reopening from 24th July onwards. All of these are massive steps back towards normality for us as a Club and venue.

As we are all aware, the government has removed all legal restrictions on social distancing, but Covid-19 is still in circulation within the population. All of the guidelines issued by central government lay the responsibility for operating covid secure environments with event organisers and venues, empowering them to create their own policies and also accept the accountability if it goes wrong.

We want Prescott to provide a welcoming and happy environment for everyone who attends, but we also need to be sensible enough to make sure you only take memories (and hopefully awards) home with you, not Covid. Therefore, we have taken the decision to relax some of our covid rules, but have additional control measures in place to help to keep everyone safe. We are trying to make life as easy as possible for everyone, but we are not 100% back to ‘normal’ as yet.

Therefore, when you arrive at Prescott from 19th July onwards, you will be asked to prove you are double vaccinated or have a negative test within the past 48 hours by using the NHS COVID PASS APP on your phone. If you cant provide this proof, for example, if you don’t have smart phone, then we will temperature check you before allowing entry.

Whilst you are within the paddock, we ask that you wear masks in areas where lots of people are, which will primarily be around the Paddock Office and Paddock Café area. Masks within indoor spaces such as toilets are still mandatory. Whilst moving around inside The Clubhouse we ask that you please wear your mask, but whilst seated, even if not eating and drinking then masks are not needed.

We hope to continue to remove more restrictions as we approach the end of the season and thank you for your support with these changes as they happen. We know its far from ideal, but it’s closer to normal than we have been for a long time. We believe that be operating these compromises we have found a happy medium, allowing as much as possible to return to normal, whilst doing our very best to keep everyone safe. Thank you as ever for your understanding."
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Great news today, after talking to the BOC. Camping over the weekend is back on!
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Hi Ian, can I ask how much the camping will cost each night? I live about an hour away from Prescott so I'm looking at my options. Thanks.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

The latest I have is:

£15 per night for campers and caravans, tents £10 per night.

I think there might be a bit of a discount for multi-night stays.

Your best bet is to call the BOC on 1242/673136. You will need to book with them anyway.

Ian
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Super. Thanks Ian 8)
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here is the latest, and hopefully the final word on track-and-trace, pre-registration, camping plus an insight into how things will work on the day. The following is important information for everyone planning to attend – whether entrant, passenger, spectator or trader. So please read carefully and take the requested actions.

Track-and-Trace

I am preparing the master track-and-trace list which needs to include EVERYONE onsite at Prescott on Saturday. Copies will be printed off for the gate marshals to use to check everyone in. I have started assembling the list and have posted it to the Entry page on the Pre-War Prescott website at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=547. I have only included the last four digits of contact numbers on this spreadsheet, but that should be good enough for you all to check that I have your correct number. I am mostly extracting these numbers from the entry forms, but of course, they do not include passengers, so I suspect that the list is woefully incomplete at the present time.

The good news is that IF you are not found on the list when checked in at the gate, then the gate marshals will be able to take names and contact details on the spot. This means that we CAN accept spectators and entrants at the gate who have not pre-entered, and simply want to pay at the gate. I know, for example, that some people cannot know until very shortly before the day, whether they will be able to come or not, so this will not now be a problem.

The bad news is that the more people that need to have their details taken at the gate, the worse will be the traffic back-up in the lane which will cause unacceptable congestion for the locals and, in turn, problems for the BOC. So please help me get the list as complete as humanly possible in advance.

Covid

Good news! No more need to show proof of vaccination or a recent negative test. We’ll simply be checking everyone’s temperatures at the gate on the day. However, we must reserve the right to refuse entry for anyone who has a fever over 38 degrees C (or 100.4 degrees F).

MSUK Clubman Licenses

New for this year and nothing to do with Covid is the MSUK requirement for everyone 18 and over who wishes to climb the hill – drivers AND passengers – to have an MSUK Clubman license. This is quick, easy and free to obtain at https://rsclubman.motorsportuk.org/.

On arrival at Prescott, all those wishing to climb the hill – drivers and passengers 18 and over - will need to visit the BOC office where Bethany Hargreaves will be checking licenses and giving out wristbands to indicate proof of license. If you have NOT got a license, don’t worry. You will simply be able to fill in the simple application form in the office and you will be good to go. These forms will then be sent to MSUK the following Monday.

Pre-Registration for Pre-War Prescott

Once you have your shiny new license, you should pre-register for the event on the BOC website. The link is https://forms.office.com/Pages/Response ... I3WkgwOC4u. But again, if you have not pre-registered, don’t worry. You will be able to register on the day, but the more pre-registered bods we have, the less paperwork there will be on the day.

The track-and trace spreadsheet explained above also has a column for pre-registration. Apart from myself, it is all No’s at the moment. I want it to be all Yes’s by the day!

As you can imagine, all of the above is causing a vast amount of work behind the scenes and a good deal of red tape for all of you to battle through, but the more we can all put behind us now, then the more enjoyable and relaxed the day will be. Thanks in advance for your understanding and co-operation, and can I ask all participating club representatives to follow up regarding these requirements with your respective club members, so as to maximize the chances of reaching everyone.

Camping

Camping is ON. BUT you do need to pre-book with the BOC this year. Call them on 01242/637136. But there is an IMPORTANT directive for camping this year. Because the local Rotary Club are holding their event on Sunday, they will be marking out the orchard on Saturday evening. So I have agreed that we will all pitch our camps, campers, etc. right across the far side of the Orchard (where many of you traditionally locate yourselves). But please no not pitch yourself along the stony track past the Bugatti Trust building, i.e. behind the hedge from the lane. If you do, you risk your tent being bodily moved when you aren’t looking!

Entries

We’ve had about 25% of the entries rolled over to 2022 which means that right now we have 209 entries and 356 climbs booked. So right now we have plenty of remaining capacity and entries remain open. But, as mentioned above, if you cannot make a decision before the day, or simply want to wait to see how things play out, we will be able to accept entries and spectators at the gate on the day. However, if you wish to climb the hill, you should book now in order to receive your free climb. There may or may not be spare climbs to be had on the day, depending on how many more entries arrive between now and the day.

Do come back to me with any questions or queries on any of the above or anything else.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Here's the latest info I circulated via e-mail to everyone this morning:

Earlier this week I sent over all of the enveloped tickets to John Hicks in Gotherington for the entries received so far and he will post them on to everyone when he receives them. I already have a second batch being enveloped and John will have spares, so there’s no problem in ticketing entries if you would still like to enter, and with over 60 entries rolled over and numerous cancellations due to ongoing international restrictions, we do have plenty of spare capacity to go. As of this morning, we have 198 entries and 349 climbs booked.

Track and Trace. The list is building and I am aware that there was no T&T checks at VSCC Prescott last weekend (a lapse by the club, I am told). And since the current BOC philosophy is that we can take T&T contact details at the gate, I’m not going to worry any more about the completeness of the list. Please continue to send contact numbers for you and your passengers, but don’t fret if you cannot.

MSUK Clubman Licenses. Ditto. If you or any of your hillclimbing passengers don’t have a license by the day, there will be simple paper forms for you to fill in at the office on the day.

Combined, these last two points mean that we can readily accept entries or spectators who simply turn up on the day and wish to pay at the gate – just like we always have.

Camping. ALL camping over the weekend MUST be pre-booked with the BOC at https://www.prescotthillclimb.co.uk/eve ... r-prescott. Please do not call them. This web page is slightly confusing as it is the main page for PWP on their website. The tickets offered on this page are ONLY the camping tickets. Entry bookings for any of the weekend’s activities should be made at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=161. Which reminds me that I have had a couple of people contact me to ask how they book spectator tickets, as the link on the PWP home page to this page was simply titled ‘ENTRY FROM’. I have amended this to read ‘ENTRY FORM AND SPECTATOR TICKETS’ and clarified the info on the booking page itself.

Can I also remind all campers to pitch themselves on the FAR side of the Orchard when you arrive, because the Rotary Club will be staking out the Orchard on Saturday evening for their Sunday event. You can camp through to Monday if you wish, but we MUST ensure we keep to the far fence and not camp as several usually do) along the track at the lower end of the Orchard beyond the Bugatti Trust.

This morning I finalized the event rules and regs with the BOC and will attach a copy here. It is going in the Programme but I thought it would be very useful to circulate it now so we can deal with any questions or issues before the day.

Catering. Being sorted. I’ll attach the menu for the day and I’m just waiting for the same for our evening party at the Clubhouse. But I can confirm we will be joined by the fabled Eureka Jazz Band for the evening and there will be a full bar.