Vintage Minor Register Pre-War Prescott 2021

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Minor Register Pre-War Prescott 2021

Post by Ian Grace »

More news coming thick and fast!

I just ran a test on the MSUK site. When you get to the Club page, Next is greyed out. But you don't have to select a club. All you do is select Driver, Passenger or Both at the top, and then Next becomes active.

In other words, declaring a club membership is optional.

The other potential trap is for overseas entrants. I spoke to MSUK about this and they told me to advise entrants to insert the address and phone number of their local accommodation - hotel, B&B, etc.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

So here's the link for Pre-War Prescott pre-registration.

https://forms.office.com/r/D7nra36PJU

I just pre-registered and it worked fine for me and the text fields seem to accept free text, so it will take a foreign emergency phone contact. However, it does need your MSUK Clubman license number, which is fine for those climbing the hill, but no good for spectators and others.

I have asked the BOC if this pre-registration form is to be used for non-climbers in order to generate the track-and-trace list. I'll post an answer here as soon as I get one.

Could I ask everyone reading this - if you have entered PWP - to jump on this link and complete your pre-registration and report back here or via e-mail to me (vintageminor@gmail.com) if you experience any difficulties.

Thanks!

Ian
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

And here's thr latest Minor entry list:

1 LJ 4435 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Ian Grace
2 BR 8606 1930 Morris Minor 2-seater Richard and Sue Woodward
3 MM 9385 1929 Morris Minor tourer Steve Kent
4 MV 6416 1932 Morris Minor saloon Dan Brockway
5 JN 570 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Nick Jarman
6 TF 3362 1930 Morris Minor saloon Clive Perkins
7 MU 5741 1932 Morris Minor Calshot Ian Harris
8 PG 2676 1929 Morris Minor Special Paul Gregory
9 CSL 977 1933 Morris Minor saloon Mike Jones
10 DG 325 1930 Morris Minor tourer Clive Hamilton-Gould
11 WE 6554 1929 Morris Minor tourer Ian Grace
12 VSU 309 1932 Morris Minor tourer Joe Reed
13 BPB 357 1934 Morris Minor 2-seater Paul Ellis
14 IA 9142 1930 Morris Minor Semi-sports Alistair Bond
15 CRF 572 1934 Morris Minor 2-seater Harold Blair
16 BF 6628 1930 Morris Minor saloon Alan Dolman
17 UR 4313 1929 Morris Minor fabric saloon Tom Swain
18 DV 3600 1930 Morris Minor tourer Jo Langford-Yates
19 LV 1008 1932 Minor 2-seater Paul Hiden
20 VF 6700 1929 Minor tourer Peter Stubberfield

Need at least one more to make the 21 for our 21st!

14 OHC, 7 SV
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

You should be able to add me Ian. I've just made a start by filling in the MSUK online form. I'll fill in the other forms in the next few days and ping you the entrance fee via bank transfer. The Minor has just spent the last two days getting a full and thorough service. It's in fine fettle.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Morning Jonathan,

That's brilliant news. I'll drop you into the entry list and fill in the details when I get your form.

21 and counting - a world record!
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

I've filled in the BOC pre-registration form for Pre-War Prescott online (the one that asks for the MSUK licence number). I'm possibly going to have issues with the VMR registration form as it doesn't appear to let me fill it in and send it over t'web. I'll have another look and let you know if I'm able to do it. Doesn't help I don't have a printer.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

No Problem - you can just let me know here what you want to book and you can PayPal the payment to vintageminor@gmail.com.

The entry list as it grows can be checked at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=547.
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Thanks Ian. I've just been making an absolute hash of trying to fill in the form using the mouse (looks more like a spider on drugs :lol: ) so probably a good idea if I scrap that attempt :oops: I don't have a PayPal account but I can do a bank transfer. I'll send you an email.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Yup, got your e-mail thanks. I'll forward bank details.

All entered!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

As I am sure you are all aware, the current lockdown restrictions are placing an almost impossible strain on Pre-War Prescott 2021. And yesterday’s news from HMG is that the lockdown is likely to be extended to 19th July. As things stand currently, direction from the BOC means that we cannot have spectator access to the Paddock, there will be no catering in the Orchard, no traders or display stands in the Paddock, no camping over the weekend at all, no rides up the hill for the ATC Cadets, and we – the VMR – would have to man the gates and police arrivers against pre-registration lists and turn non-registrants away. And if that wasn’t enough, masks and six foot social distancing has to be policed in the Paddock and Orchard all day, including the evening BBQ which causes issues with the lunchtime auction and any real social interaction, which is what Pre-War Prescott is all about. We would also have to police the Clubhouse door for the duration of the evening, as well as on Sunday for the start of the Sunday runs and in the afternoon for the cream teas – and on and on.

Therefore, after much consultation and consideration, I have made the decision to postpone Pre-War Prescott 2021 to SATURDAY 11TH SEPTEMBER, and the rest of the weekend accordingly. The BOC has agreed to this date, as has the Winchcombe Rotary Club who will be holding their event at Prescott on Sunday.

I realise that this will cause inconvenience to many, with respect to accommodation, travel plans, etc. And I am also aware that other motor sporting events are going ahead right now with few restrictions, but I must abide by the BOC rules, which also apply to all other events at Prescott at the moment. On the other hand, we have many entrants coming from Europe who cannot currently travel but who may be able to by September.

Above all, Pre-War Prescott is all about having an enjoyable day in great company – it is a garden party with the opportunity to climb the hill. I cannot provide this in July, but I believe I will be able to do so in September.

When I moved the date from July to September last year, I had to cancel September as well because of the deteriorating situation. This year, unless Armageddon falls upon us, the September date WILL hold, even if all of the current restrictions remain. I am not prepared to postpone Pre-War Prescott for two years in a row.

So, in practical terms, I will roll over all of the entries for the weekend received so far to Friday 10th September to Sunday 12th September, and I will make arrangements with Morgan and Westons to move the Friday activities. If anyone who has already booked for July cannot make September, please let me know and I will either refund or roll your entry over to 2022, per your wishes. And for those who have already rolled over to 2022 because they cannot make July, I will be happy to reinstate your entries for September this year if you would like. Just let me know.

This will all take a bit of sorting out, but I believe this can be done without too much complication and we can all look forward to a great September weekend.

Please do come back to me with any questions, requests, concerns, etc.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well, I think I have now updated all of the websites, entry forms, etc. with the new date. Let me know if you see anything I have missed or screwed up! Who knows what the situation in September will be, but I have made the decision to go ahead on 11th September come what may. I'm not prepared to postpone PWP two years in a row. I have had a few cancellations/rollovers to 2022 and also a few have now booked who could not make the July date. Now I have the task of re-jigging all of the Friday activities, the Sunday scenic tour and nav rally and a host of other things. I have already contacted the BBMF to give them the new date and am awaiting confirmation that they can provide air support on the 11th. The Flight is in a similar state of chaos as everyone else at the moment

On the Pre-War Prescott website, under Entry List, I have uploaded the beginnings of the 2022 entry list which includes those who have rolled over their entries. On the other hand, I am assuming everyone I don't hear from is good for 11th September. If anyone spots anything else I need to update, or has any concerns or questions, please fire away. To end on a high note, the latest entry is Jonathan Toulmin with his historic 1934 PA Cream Cracker team car TJ 5000.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Update on Sunday.

I had moved the conclusion of the Sunday Navigation Rally and Scenic Tour from Stanway House to Prescott, as Stanway will remain closed for the rest of the year. However, with the date being moved to Sunday 12th September, Prescott is not available that day as it is booked by the Winchcombe Rotary Club. So we will be starting the day at the Royal Oak at Gretton where hot drinks and bacon baps will be available. And we will conclude the day with our cream teas and awards at Beckford Silk Mill https://beckfordsilk.co.uk/visit-us/, which is just north of Prescott. Sincere thanks to John Hicks for sorting this and also moving our Sunday evening pub run to the Shutters at Gotherington from July to September.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Update on Saturday.

The entry list has been updated and a new 2022 entry list has been started and contains all those entries that have been rolled over from this year. If you cannot make the new September date, let me know if you would like your entry rolled over to 2022 or if you would prefer a refund. Both the 2021 and the 2022 entry lists can be found at http://prewarprescott.com/?page_id=547.
SV_Minor

Post by SV_Minor »

Hi Ian

I have a free climb booked for my Minor. As I'm a little concerned about its ability to get to the top of what I assume will be a big steep incline, I decided not to book any additional climbs. If I find it manages rather better than I fear, would it be possible to book 'n' pay on the day (providing there's free capacity of course)? Doesn't matter if not, there's always next year. 8)
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Jonathan,

Actually, Prescott is not that steep at all. it used to be the front drive of Prescott House at the top. All sorts of cars make it easily, including our low-powered veterans (and even Austins Sevens can make it!), so I'm sure if you can get to Prescott in one piece, you'll have no trouble on the hill.

If you Google Youtube Pre-War Prescott, you will find lots of climb videos. Here's a good one from our inaugural PWP 2011 of Nick Williams climbing in his Morris Oxford special:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1MPGcU46_Q

There is the Pardon hairpin half way up (about the two-minute point on the video). It looks challenging, but really isn't as you can take a good down-hill run at it.

Regarding spare climbs on the day, possibly. This depends on the uptake before the event. I always try to hold some tickets back for the day, but 2019 was very much over-booked. Come and see me on the day and twist my arm!