1932 Minor on ebay ends 19th January

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

chris lambert

1932 Minor on ebay ends 19th January

Post by chris lambert »

The first pre war Minor for auction on eBay in 2008 can be found here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :middle:uk

Apparently it is only one of three 1932 survivors according to the vendor!!?? It is not clear if this is two or four seater tourer, no photos at present.
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: 1932 Minor on ebay ends 19th January

Post by Ian Grace »

Fascinating...

I just sent a message thru eBay to the vendor asking for more info. First registered 1984 - so presumably has lost its original number? Interesting that there are two bids for it already, but nothing much to base a bid on!

(This posted form the Airbus A320 simulator! :D )
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

The seller states the number is transferable, if the car has lost its original number this as far as I am aware is not possible as all re-issues are non-transferable. The 1984 date was probably when the first computer V5 was issued.

cheers
Jeremy
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

Mmmmmmm. Thinks...........

Didn't one of our members have a problem with trying to purchase an open four seater from the Spalding area about a year or eighteen month ago ? There was a problem of proving ownership !

Might be wrong. Could be a different vehicle.

Be wary though , in case.

Tony Gamble. :?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Tony,
Was this the car you were thinking of? This car went to auction in Kings Lynn and ended not being sold as the owner (living abroad) hadn't released the documents - or some similar story. Ian will know the details.

Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

*&^%$# GE system won't allow access to Photobucket, so all Photobucket pics on the Forum come out as red crosses on my office PC. The QV pic I just posted, I had to ftp that directly to the VMR server in the old fashioned way. I'll take a look at this at home tonight.
Tony Gamble

Post by Tony Gamble »

That's it Chris !

Doesn't look like a '32 model though. It must be a different vehicle.

Never mind. Better safe than sorry.

Cheers

Tony
Toby

Post by Toby »

I believe that early age relateds were transferable. I had a landie with an MSU prefix that was down as non transferable and the vehicle was a rebuilt old bitsa! I think that they made them non transferable because the dealers were selling the reissues then getting new ones again.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Simon

Post by Simon »

This looks like a 1934 2 seater model, note the radiator shell, hydraulic brakes, handbrake lever, tail end of body, later type of cylinder head, front wings are 1934. Note the wheels are early type and not magna type. Would be of some help if we had the engine and chassis numbers.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Absolutely Simon - a perfectly regular 1934 season 2-seater. Bidding seems very strong.

I sent a message to the vendor last week asking for chassis number, etc., but got no reply.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
Toby

Post by Toby »

Yes, welcome Simon, hope to see a post in our cars soon!!! :D As for this minor, I think the bidding is way over? It is already over what I paid for PJ5155, which was pretty original and without lime green trim, I wonder what the reserve is! The chassis looks good and the shocks appear very shiny but the engine bay, dash and chrome look to be lacking, wrong wheels, no spare-guess the owner missed the 34 wheels on ebay, shouldn't the speedo be a drum type? It looks like a restoration that ran out of steam? maybe I should get out more! Note the Morris Register badge, if you can't get the details the register may have them! Lets hope the car goes to an enthusiast who's going to use it
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

There are still six days remaining to run on this auction and bidding has now reached £5600. I hope those bidding do not think that they are going to buy one of just three remaining cars of this type - because they wont be. There must be at least ten on Gren's old list and that is not comprehensive.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

I got a response from the owner this morning. He's had it 'on the road' for three years, and done EIGHT whole miles in it! No chassis number. I'll keep trying...
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

The eBay side valve Minor was sold earlier today for £6000. The only Minor I can remember bettering that figure on eBay was the 'The Last Tourer', the ex John Smith cammy which went for £6500.
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

This is a stunning result. What price a proper, road sorted OHC Minor?