1932 Minor on ebay ends 19th January

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Re: 1932 Minor on ebay ends 19th January

Post by Toby »

Blimey, it's not about money but this suggests that minors are in demand, although I can't help wondering if the buyer thinks its "rare". My 32 tourer went for £7,000 back in the heady days of the '80's. Lets hope it comes into use in the vmr.
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

One dealer told me recently, last week in fact, that Minors were never worth as much as A7's. A good box saloon will go for £5-£6k so a Minor is less - £4k-£5k tops - a car like DF for £4k now thats a bargin!

He did say that is was unfair and nothing to do with the quality of the original car, just demand.

Looking at open cars then they tend to go for more than closed cars, the M type for example, £10k-£12k. Yet the CMS - much rarer at half that price?

Ok so there are loads of hornets nests in here, but the Minor is arguably in ohc form the cheapest vintage car you can get, and in sv form a far better engineered car than a similar aged A7.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I thought around 5 for a tidy, usable, fairly original tourer was about the most I'd pay but that's based on previous private ads I've seen over the last few years and also talking to a valuer 2 years ago, he reckoned an exceptional fully sorted concours sv tourer could stretch to 7, tops. Makes you think about our insurance values though, mine are for 5. Maybe I should see if I can increase my insurance values :?: !
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

There is an unarguable truth about the value of cars. As my old Dad used to say;

"A car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay"!

I guess you can apply that to anything.
Chris