Differential

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Bruce

Differential

Post by Bruce »

Hi Guys can anyone give me some information regarding rebuilding the diff in a 1929 Morris Minor. I have stripped it down and replaced all the bearing in it. However I cannot quite see how the pinion gear should be set up so that it is in mesh with crown wheel Properly. I have refitted the shims between bearing housing and diff case, but the roller bearings behind the pinion gear don't seem to sit fully on the bearing outer. And the nut at the other end tightens up way past the hole for split pin. I have refitted the long spacer between the 2 bearings and have the uni joint flange in place. It just all looks wrong.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Differential

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Bruce,

Hopefully the following letter from Cowley might help - from the horses' mouth, as it were! This letter was published in our 2010 Yearbook.

There is also a comprehensive, illustrated 12-page article on rear axle repairs by Jack Prior on the Members' Area of the website. Let me know if you need reminding of the username and password.

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Just a reminder that we have a huge number of technical articles on all topics in the Members' Area of the website - every Technical Topics article published in our magazine since the founding of the Register.

There are also copies of our Tenth Anniversary CD available from the Register at GBP 25 which contains our first 39 magazines and all five of our Yearbooks that we published in the first ten years. The CD therefore contains a treasure trove of information that would be invaluable to any Minor owner.
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Hi Ian
Your a champion...……….cant get much better than from the horses mouth...……...brilliant stuff...
PS it must be a different username and password for the members area...………..could you let me have the necessary's thanks
Bruce
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Hi Bruce,

Glad to help out - all part of the service!

Yes, the username and password for the Members' Area are the same for everyone. I'll e-mail them to you. Anyone else need them? Just let me know.

Ian