Chateau Impney - VMR display

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Chateau Impney - VMR display

Post by Ian Grace »

I have received the e-mail below from Ian Patton. Many of you will know that Ian was the Bugatti Owners' Club General Manager at Prescott in 2010 and was instrumental in helping us found Pre-War Prescott, so we owe him a a tremendous debt.

His invitation is too good for us to miss. This would be an excellent opportunity for us to 'fly the flag' for the Register and also promote Pre-War Prescott to thousands of hillclimbers and enthusiasts - particularly prospective spectators for our event two weeks later.

If you own a Minor and would be interested in taking up this offer and representing the Register, please get in touch without delay so that we can arrange a suitable display. I'm thinking a Register gazebo, banners, table loaded down with claret and runny cheeses, ....

The date is 13th/14th July. Chateau Impney is just east of Droitwich and close to Junction 5 on the M5.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Chateau Impney - VMR display

Post by Ian Grace »

Janie Maeers is the first to declare. She will be there both days with her 1929 Minor tourer 'Prudence'.

We'll need to cover both days, so six slots in all, four to go. Mike baker has also offered his MG PA, but I've put him down as a reserve as I'sd like to have all Minors there, for obvious reasons.

Of course, the gazebo will act as a focal point for any number of members who are present - at least until the claret runs out!
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Today I am filling in the paperwork to set this all in motion. Note that only a selected few clubs are being invited, and we are one of them!

Two More Minors sought for each day.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Peter Hills will be joining Janie with his 1929 tourer on both days. Se we need just one more Minor to complete the display (or one for Saturday and another for Sunday).
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

All is set for our Register display at Chateau Impney. Three Minors will be on display at our gazebo - Janie Maeers and Peter Hills will be displaying their 1929 tourers while Ian Harris will be there with his rare Calshot.

Do stop by and say hello if you are planning to attend.