Check out this site

This thread is for General Discussion, and Forum Q and A.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Check out this site

Post by Ian Grace »

Halbe posted this earlier on the old site, so I have copied his post to the new one. Great find, Halbe!

Check out this site.

http://www.austinharris.co.uk/

It contains lots of period competition photos , allthoug most of it is Austin 7 It's still very nice

Halbe
austin

Re: Check out this site

Post by austin »

It's my site!

If you see a photo of car you recognise or know anything about, (I know very little about cars of that age that aren't Austins,) please do add a comment about what it is or any info about that particular car.

In the end I intend to add a lot more info and try get a full list of cars that I have photos of! (This may take some time though...)
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Hi Austin,
Welcome to the VMR Forum.
I have just spent 30 mins trawling (or is that surfing?) through your website - fantastic! Although primarily about A7's, there are some wonderfully evocative images of Brooklands and other pre war racing venues together with action images of other thirties cars in competitition, especially MG Midgets, Riley's and Leaf's (OK-and loads of A7's). Some of the starting grid images are worthy of a more thorough examination, as there appears to be some real 30's exotica there - although that may just be my ignorance of the subject.
Chris
PS How do I get to examine the Autocar archive for images of Minors in competition - no smart a**e comments from an A7 enthusiast please! :wink:
DF9053

Post by DF9053 »

It is a great web site, everyone should take a look well worth it!
Period pictures like this are brilliant, there must be loads of trial pictures in there just waiting to be published!

Cheers
Jeremy