Spring 2008 Pub Meets

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

Spring 2008 Pub Meets

Post by Ian Grace »

I spent some time last night overhauling the website, including the pub meets page for Spring 2008.

I'd like to see three record turnouts this spring if possible. We have a date from Brian Maeers for Peating - 13th April. I'm looking for Toby Sears and Chris Lambert to sort dates for the other two - possibly the FBHVC Drive it Day - I think 20th April? Just need to check for clashes.

Let's see if we can attract some new blood/cars to the meets this time?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Ian,
Anglian Pub Meet already fixed as Sunday 20th April at the Royal Oak Barrington. K.O. Noon. This is Drive it Day so everyone with a pre war car welcome - maybe we can persuade any non Minor owners attending to consider getting a 'proper' car.
Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

20th provisionally ok for me in Eversley, but have to check with er indoors that we're around! Once confirmed will put in a smidgen of effort! :?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: Spring 2008 Pub Meets

Post by Ian Grace »

April 20th confirmed for the Hatchgate. Thanks, Toby.

Chris, how about the Royal Oak?
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Ian,
See second posting on this topic above! :wink:
Chris
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Oops - missed that. 20th it is then for Hatchgate and Royal Oak, and 13th for Peatling Magna.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I'm proposing a visit to milestones museum in Basingstoke for the 20th April. It's open from 11 to 5, last entries 4pm. Admission £7.25 adults (until 1/4/08) £5 if we have prebooked 15+. It seemed a bit lame to just go to a pub nearby on drive it day, on previous drive it days I've spent all day on runs. How about it? Who's up for it? If we go to Hatchgate for 12am we could leave at 1.30-2.00 be at the museum 2.00-2.30. I am planning to do this anyway! If there's enough interest I'll organize something. Ian... Do we need to consult RAC to do this? can you put it on the website so it reaches more than you, me, Chris etc.? :?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby,

This sounds like a great plan. We did a run out from the Shoulder of Mutton to the Police College and Bramshill (fine early building) at one of our early Shoulder of Mutton meets and that was very popular. I will promote on the website and in the February newsletter going out next Thursday.

Milestones, Basingstoke. Tel: 01256 477766
Previous Winner of Best Social and Industrial Museum of the Year Award
Hampshire's living history museum, brought to life in a stunning award winning modern building. Milestones where it never rains. See the cobbled streets or the automobile association's unique collection of motoring memorabilia.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby - website updated - want to check it over? Home Page, Events page and Hatchgate page. Want to add anything? We have a good chance of getting the 15+ discount, I would have thought. The place doesn't seem to have its own website...
Toby

Post by Toby »

have been researching "milestones basingstoke" through yahoo, uk only. This brings up maps and details, they have a site, thats where I lifted the details from. http://www.milestones-museum.com Do we need to formalize details with the RAC? :?
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thanks - link added. No need to alert the RAC MSA - only needed for formal rallies of 12 or more cars. We'll be quite OK with our small group.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I have heard from "milestones" who await details of our booking. Looking forward to this. Have even persuaded Mrs toby to make a day of it!:D
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Toby, I presume you got the usual nil response to the piece in the Feb Newsletter and on the website regarding this visit? I'm going to have to start the usual round of begging e-mails and telephone calls I expect... :x
Toby

Post by Toby »

one reply so far, will try to enlist support nearer the event! :roll:
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

And I'll plug it in M 130 and the March Newletter.