Spring 2008 Pub Meets

This thread is for discussing past and future events.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Re: Spring 2008 Pub Meets

Post by Toby »

I HAVE CHECKED WITH MILESTONES, 15 PEOPLE WILL GET US A GROUP RATE, PAYABLE IN ADVANCE, OF £5.00 EACH. I NEED TO KNOW NUMBERS ASAP AND HAVE PRODUCED FLYERS TO HAWK AROUND AND ALSO WILL POST OR EMAIL TO VMR MEMBERS WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE OF THE "HATCHGATE". So far me and Linda makes 2 plus 1 maybe! :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
chris lambert

Royal Oak Barrington 20th April

Post by chris lambert »

We are hoping to see some new faces next Sunday (and welcome some familar ones). If you live within driving distance please bring your car, ancient or modern, it is 'Drive it day' after all! The regulars should be there around noon - a warm welcome guarenteed to all newcomers.

Line up from last October's Autumn Meet.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

How many of you forumists are attending pub meets tomorrow? If your Minor isn't ready for the road yet, come along to your local event in your modern and meet up with some fellow Minor nuts. Hopefully I will meet up with some new faces at the Royal Oak at lunchtime tomorrow.
Chris
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

The weather in the east of England was pretty awful this morning with heavy drizzle accompanying VJ and its occupants the 50 miles to Barrington. No surprises as to attendees, which is a real shame, considering the quality of the ale and the food. Not much evidence of old cars on the road for 'Drive it day' on the way down, although coming back lots of Spridgets and Bees sighted heading towards Bury St. Edmunds. Intersperced amongst these were a few 2CV's!? Journey accomplished without drama and VJ's engine is beginning to loosen up nicely (1200 miles showing on the mileometer).

Chris
Toby

Post by Toby »

A tranquil scene. We were luckier with the weather and in the afternoon we even had sunshine for a peaceful amble to "Milestones" museum for those in the mood to "drive it"!!! A very good turnout at the Hatchgate but only saw Eric Mouser at "Milestones". More photos will be appearing under the Hatchgate thread in events section when I have time! And of course a report and some photos will go to Ian. Those to mention in despatches are Eric Mouser for the return of DX8826, to the road, after 40 years. Also the sterling efforts of Highlander who drove some 60 miles in his sv to be at the meet. Well done to all who came especially those who were able to bring their minors (or MGs, or Fords, or Arrol Johnstons!) :D

Heres the line up, excepting the Ford who ended up behind these.

if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear