1930 Minor special in New Zealand

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

1930 Minor special in New Zealand

Post by Ian Grace »

This is the late Harry Green's car - Harry passed away in December 2006. Chassis M27608 - originaly a saloon.

Now on TradeMe. I think being sold by his family.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 939303.htm
chris lambert

Re: 1930 Minor special in New Zealand

Post by chris lambert »

This car is still available for 15K dollars NZ or about £6K. It 'finishes' its time on Trade Me on 10th March.
There are lots of other interesting cars on this web site. How much (approx.) to ship a car like the Minor to the UK from NZ?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Motors/Cars.aspx
Chris
Last edited by chris lambert on Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam Christie

Post by Sam Christie »

I was talking to a chap a few days ago and he had spent a month in New Zealand recently with his car (a Bugatti - probably street racing in Dunedin) . He said it had cost about £1000 to ship the car out and another £1000 to ship it back. He said it was not so bad really since it saved hiring a car for a month - or perhaps that is what he told his wife.
chris lambert

Post by chris lambert »

Thanks Sam. Dependant upon the car and the selling price it could become a worthwhile exercise to re-import an 'Historic' or two!
Toby

Post by Toby »

Chris, are you trying to collect one of each model?! I'll bring my tools in July to start on the garage extension. :o
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
john49

Post by john49 »

This car has been advertised for quite a while now, so it's asking price may be more negotiable. Bodywork is an aquired taste.There have been many cars shipped from NZ back to the UK, that price for shipping is in line with my understanding.