Y407

Use this area to post details of your cars, your restorations, photos or rally reports.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

DF9053

Y407

Post by DF9053 »

This seemed to get lost somewhere, perhaps I deleted it be accident, progress will be slow but this is the starting point!

The chassis Y407 was exported to Australia in 1929 and had a Holden fabric body fitted. This has not survived with the car.

The last picture shows the chassis fully striped down, I have also dismanted the front and rear axles, so you could say its in as many parts as I can get it! The only way is back together!

I had originally thought to buid a Maddox replica drop head coupe, but there is not enough information or pictures about this prety little coupe, so I will just build a light 2 seater body for now. If funds permit I hope to have the car back on the road for 2009 and its 80th birthday!
Toby

Post by Toby »

Don't want to divert you from your plans but I have a cms and also another standard body frame if you're interested? See pictures and my posting under "boat tail" in the marketplace section. Good luck with the project, it certainly looks as if whatever you do it will keep you busy. They're small cars but I always seem to have something to do let alone progress with my 34 tourer! Toby
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Well I must admit I was thinking exactly the same thing. Your CMS body on Jeremy's chassis would be a marriage made in heaven, or at least Coventry!
Toby

Re: Y407

Post by Toby »

Will send cms body photos today, hopefully! :?
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
cammy

Re: Y407

Post by cammy »

This is all very interesting to someone with an OHC chassis and a pile of rusty metal and wood wormy bits of saloon body. I have been collecting bits of ash tree in anticipation of building some sort of body one day. Might I suggest that while the opportunity exists that patterns are taken if drawings do not exist.