Save this car someone!

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Toby

Re: Save this car someone!

Post by Toby »

This is exactly the thinking behind my 2008 drive to liberate my projects into the hands of those with more time! The cms body is being offered to the people who expressed interest, in order, and then if it remains unsold it will progress to the marketplace. Once sold I will progress to the next project! :shock:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

A worthy endeavour Toby! No takers for the CMS body yet?

Just working a bit on the SV survivor's list. I have 85 survivors with chassis numbers recorded in Gren's list - last updated 2004. And 24 recorded with chassis numbers currently in the hands of VMR members, out of about 32 SV Minors in the hands of VMR members in total. I'm in the process of pulling all this info together to generate an up to date SV survivors list. There are over 300 cars on Gren's list, but most don't have chassis numbers recorded.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Give it time!!! takes hours to email all my photos! 2 people maybe interested, after that I'll open up the bidding! :lol:
if it's got wheels or chips - it'll cost you dear
prharris25

Post by prharris25 »

Ian,

If you need chassis numbers etc for the 1933 (1934 season) Minor two door saloon DG 7729 that I rescued from Harold Goodeys scrapyard at Twyford in 1963 let me know. The car thankfully has been restored again and was living in Kent (I think). I think you have a picture of her but don't know if the owner is in contact.
Likewise for '34 two seater OW 4224......
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Paul, Yes please! :D
prharris25

Post by prharris25 »

Ian,

DG 7729 is a 2 door sliding head saloon registered 1st December 1933. She was supplied by the Wicliffe Motor Company of Stroud & Cheltenham Spa. Type 34/MS/8; Car No 36286. Engine 36497A.
Currently recorded as being on SORN (not good).
Information I have on last known owner is Colin Smith, 1 Baldwyns Park, Bexley, Kent.
Paul.