Clutch and brake pedals substitute

This thread is for discussing technical topics.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

gubben

Clutch and brake pedals substitute

Post by gubben »

The brake (I got the spelling right now :lol: ) and clutch pedals in my SV are replaced to a set of more modern and "hanging" pedals :cry: . Besides it's totally wrong, only a monkey would manage to operate them. So I have to do something!

One idea (because it seems very difficult to find the original) is to buy a set of "after war Minor" pedals (http://morrisminorspares.co.uk/imagesea ... catpage136) and modify them. I also have to design a new bracket bolted to the chassis. I noticed that a separate bracket has been discussed in this forum - but have anyone gone from word to action?

I'm in desperate need of really good pictures or drawings of the original pedals. Please, anyone?

/Thomas
peterb

Re: Clutch and brake pedals substitute

Post by peterb »

Here are the clutch and brake pedals on my 1934 SV saloon.
Attachments
pedals1.jpg
pedals1.jpg (78.8 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
pedals2.jpg
pedals2.jpg (75.19 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Post by Ian Grace »

Thomas,

Peter's clutch pedal is exactly with you need. His brake pedal is slightly different because it has the threaded hole at the bottom to take the hydraulic piston actuating rod (hisd car is a 1934 model, so has hydrauic brakes). The clutch pedal you need has exactly the same lower end as the brake pedal - wsith a small hole for the pedal return spring. These pedals are not that difficult to find, and with a little help from Register members, I'm sure we can find you a pair and avoid having to fit non-standard pedals.

I mentioned the return spring. had one and then attached to a lug that is bolted to the gearbox about 3" in front of the pedals. If you don't have this, let us know!

Finally, I assume that your gearbox has the correct cross-shaft and bushes shown in Peter's pictures?

Can anyone help Thomas out?
plj

Post by plj »

I think I have a set of brake and clutch pedals, I will look tomorrow.

Philip
gubben

Post by gubben »

Than you all!
I can´t live without you :D
Serious; I´m very grateful for all information.

And Philip! I certainly hope that you find the pedals and, if so, please send me a private message for terms and shipping (I´m living i Sweden so I can´t just drop by).
/Thomas